Interview with Yosuke Hayashi...

#1vauxenPosted 4/26/2012 4:59:33 PM
A recent interview with Hayashi but it's about fighting games, during the interview he also said that " Genres of gaming that do nothing to bring in new players are moving toward an inevitable downfall". Yeah i like the idea..but what happened to NG3? :P

Also despite an interview on this topic, there is still no interview post-release of NG3...sigh

Anyway here is the link for those interested.. http://asia.gamespot.com/features/fighting-games-symposium-part-i-6373250/?page=2
#2YukinariPosted 4/26/2012 5:16:00 PM
Thanks :) right now Team NINJA busy making DOA5 so of course they will not talk bout NG3.
---
---
PSN ID: safwan_hearts
#3GeminiEntityPosted 4/26/2012 5:30:08 PM

A recent interview with Hayashi but it's about fighting games, during the interview he also said that " Genres of gaming that do nothing to bring in new players are moving toward an inevitable downfall". Yeah i like the idea..but what happened to NG3? :P

Exactly, bringing in new fans is always a good thing, but not at the expense of driving away your original fans.

Also despite an interview on this topic, there is still no interview post-release of NG3...sigh

Talk will probably come after DoA5 or later, cause I doubt they have any real excuses as to why NG3 turned out like it did.
---
Rock You
---
#4Billy TrancePosted 4/26/2012 5:46:28 PM
There are only 2 types of games, good games and bad games. New players will join the series if the game is good. I started playing Final Fantasy from FF8. Make idiotic changes and rid of old elements which r good is stupid, look at Ninja Gaiden 3, Dynasty Warriors 6.
#5dybyhandsPosted 4/26/2012 6:25:56 PM
That was a good article, I like how he mentioned Unlockables... Where were those in NG3? lol.
---
My other signature is better... I promise.
#6bizarro54Posted 4/26/2012 6:45:02 PM
It's simple: no one wants games that don't change and evolve.

Lol not on GameFAQs.
#7GeminiEntityPosted 4/27/2012 12:00:49 PM

There are only 2 types of games, good games and bad games. New players will join the series if the game is good. I started playing Final Fantasy from FF8. Make idiotic changes and rid of old elements which r good is stupid, look at Ninja Gaiden 3, Dynasty Warriors 6.

Exactly, NG3 is getting the sales and reception it deserves.
---
Rock You
---
#8GeminiEntityPosted 4/27/2012 12:03:57 PM

It's simple: no one wants games that don't change and evolve.

Lol not on GameFAQs.

NG3 is getting criticism all over, not just GameFaqs, lol.
---
Rock You
---
#9bizarro54Posted 4/27/2012 1:31:59 PM
Criticism was made ever since lolFAQs heard the word change. Way before the game was even close to hitting store shelves. Not the first time something like that has happened and definitely not the last.
#10GeminiEntityPosted 4/27/2012 2:29:53 PM

Criticism was made ever since lolFAQs heard the word change. Way before the game was even close to hitting store shelves. Not the first time something like that has happened and definitely not the last.

Still doesn't change the fact that NG3 is getting criticism from more places than just GameFaqs. Unless you think GameFaqs has that much power in the world, which then I just have to laugh.
---
Rock You
---