Can't change weapons during Final Boss Battle?? *Spoilers*

#1mustain2121Posted 4/26/2012 4:54:45 PM
So I decided to give MNM another shot starting from Day 8 so I can upload my score to the leaderboards (failed the first time). I killed the regent before the final boss battle with the claws. When I get to the final boss, I'm stuck with the claws and I can't change them no matter how hard I try to push up on the D-Pad.

I dunno if this is a glitch or if it was intended, either way it was not a pleasant discovery. The claws have the worst damage output AND the worst OT as it constantly whiffs on downed enemies leaving Ryu exposed doing that stupid whiffed OT animation.

Managed to finish it with 2,215,851 which is pretty decent but try building ninpo against the final boss without OT. Absolutely horrific.
---
PSN: mustain21
#2Plaz412Posted 4/26/2012 5:00:24 PM
It's only for the first portion of that fight, I noticed that too and thought "This is not good."
---
PSN - plazmatika412
#3vazquezadanPosted 4/26/2012 5:03:45 PM
Are you or plaz gonna try to beat un difficulty
---
PSN: vazquezadan
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/vazquezadan
#4Plaz412Posted 4/26/2012 5:10:49 PM
My mind is set to it. Question is when I'll decide to get the ball rolling.
---
PSN - plazmatika412
#5vazquezadanPosted 4/26/2012 5:26:58 PM
I'm debating if I should it should be a lot easier with the new weapons but I just don't know if I'm ready for it just yet. It seems to me like it's going to be hell repeating the same waves of enemies over and over again
---
PSN: vazquezadan
http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/vazquezadan
#6ryuhayabusa987Posted 4/26/2012 5:27:19 PM
tc i hear you i have to do chapter 8 again to upload. it might not be a glitch because the same thing happend to me. i was cursing hayashi the whole time because not only did i get stuck with the claws BUT i had basically no life left cause regent of the mask took most of it with 1 grab he got on me towards the end. add in all the fireworks from cana it was a mess. i'm so upset i have to do it again. hard is fun to play but mn as of right now its not fun.
#7Gen2000Posted 4/26/2012 6:08:32 PM
Wow this good to know, I never tried switching weapons during the final fight. I'll be sure to have the right one set before killing Theodore next time.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#8mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 6:29:45 PM
ryuhayabusa987 posted...
tc i hear you i have to do chapter 8 again to upload. it might not be a glitch because the same thing happend to me. i was cursing hayashi the whole time because not only did i get stuck with the claws BUT i had basically no life left cause regent of the mask took most of it with 1 grab he got on me towards the end. add in all the fireworks from cana it was a mess. i'm so upset i have to do it again. hard is fun to play but mn as of right now its not fun.

You know if you get stuck with the same issue again, try OL360T with the claws. It's not the best option against crow fiends but it'll do. That's how I cleared it. I killed the regent with 0 damage but I also killed the last boss with 0 damage even with the claws issue. As soon as you clear the first part, as Plaz pointed out, you can change your weapon.

@vazquezadan, I tried it earlier. I was just about to clear the first wave after killing like 4 alchemists, then one rocket launcher dude blasted me from behind. As I was airborne, a ****ing alchemist grabs me in the air and kills me. I had full health O_o

I was so furious. This game, sadly, is a glitchy, incomplete mess. I very much doubt that we will receive any updates that will fix any of these issues. It makes no economic sense to continue supporting a financial flop.

BTW, did you see what happened to Disney when John Carter flopped? Rich Ross, the head of Disney's movie unit resigned. Take a hint, Hayashi.
---
#9MrMarylandPosted 4/26/2012 7:31:56 PM(edited)
mustain2121 posted...
BTW, did you see what happened to Disney when John Carter flopped? Rich Ross, the head of Disney's movie unit resigned. Take a hint, Hayashi.

Yeah I'm sure Hayashi's on the hot seat now . . . .

And as for Itakagi . . . you think he's shaking his head or laughing at how bad NG3 is? (yeah I've read how difficult he was to work with, but if he were still running team Ninja; he'd really put 100%+ into NG3 and tested it first . . . )
#10mustain2121(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 7:46:08 PM
MrMaryland posted...

Yeah I'm sure Hayashi's on the hot seat now . . . .

And as for Itakagi . . . you think he's shaking his head or laughing at how bad NG3 is? (yeah I've read how difficult he was to work with, but if he were still running team Ninja; he'd really put 100%+ into NG3 and tested it first . . . )

Speaking of tested (giggity) I encountered a weird glitch a few minutes ago on MN8, last wave, where we were fighting Marbus, ski masks, gelfs and a surprise guest: berets. That's right! Berets decided to ****ing crash that party. Is this game fun or what??
---