Ultimate Scythe OL 360 Y Mode....

#1zenigame96Posted 4/24/2012 10:17:48 PM
Seriously, UN Mode is so annoying that's what a good half of Day 1 turned into for me. Mages, followed by more mages, with some more mages on top of that. Done with them? Ok now fight 30 orange knife soldiers, with 10 invisible ones to top that off.

Not looking forward to the next 7 days AT ALL. -_-
#2splendidsorrowPosted 4/25/2012 1:49:45 AM
You're already done with day 1! That's great man. Check in an keep me posted on your progress. My jaw dropped when mages appeared as quickly as they did. Oh, my lord. Not just anyone could do this. It's gonna be brutal.

You're looking at fighting 3x the enemies and you have to play very nearly perfect or you die. Good luck though. Any tips that got you out if Day 1 would be marvelous. I got humbled almost immediately.
---
"Fear is the mind-killer.The little death that brings total obliteration."
GT:Darkside Eugene
#3zenigame96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 11:48:03 AM
Spam the cheapest moves possible if all you're looking for is to get through it. Also don't bother with fighting if it seems like you can just run past people :P, I didn't even bother with the wave of enemies just before the smoke area.

-Scythe OL 360 Y is loaded with Invincible frames, so it's probably the safest bet for mages and invisible knife soldiers. I hear you can Izuna Drop mages with no prior damage with the claws, but I've never been able to pull it off consistently.

-Dragon Sword OL 360 Y works really well to launch/Izuna Drop the regular (black) orange/red knife soldiers

-Flying Swallow rocket grunts. Be careful when approaching them (especially single rocket guys, which do WAY more damage than they should) as they start to shoot faster when you get within attacking range. Throw shurikens at them as you approach to stun them until you can get in range for the kill.

-If you get the opportunity to SoB a regular grunt around a knife dude, take it. I find the easiest way to do this is to bloody (usually accomplished with an XYXXX or >YXXX and then an X upon landing) the grunt, and then slide into them to kick them up into the air. Follow that up with Y (to execute the SoB) and then just mash on X until you have cleared the enemies in your immediate range.

-Head Hop (X+A, A) Beret guys, and then hit Y to flying swallow them immediately after jumping off their head. 99% insta-kill, with the only failure being when Ryu randomly decides to target another enemy instead of them. That doesn't happen very often though.

If I think of anything else I'll be sure to add it. I'm gonna try to get through Day 2 tonight, but I don't know if I'll have enough time. I'd really love to have this cleared by the weekend but I don't think that's gonna happen. :|

Parts I'm most worried about:

Day 3:
-Jungle wave with the rocket turrets, beret guys, dogs, and soldiers
-Military base(? I think) with the same enemies as listed above, but of course they'll probably change the enemies for this mode... I wouldn't be surprised if randomly they were mages that could summon rocket launchers at will or something stupid like that.

Day 4: Gorillas, Gorillas, More Gorillas, and Acid Room with probably like 10 Scythe dudes and more Gorillas... (if you can't tell, I hate gorillas...)

Day 5 is when you get the BoA, and if I recall correctly you can skip a lot of enemies after that, so the game will be closer to smooth sailing from there....Except for

Day 6?:
-Wherever the part with the whiteout conditions in the snow is.
-Ice room with Gorillas, Snakes, and the dragon/bird/men/things.
#4MurphysGhostPosted 4/25/2012 11:58:24 AM
Heh, going to push through, eh?

I decided to save my time for better things, but I wish you luck. *ninja salute*
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#5iconoclast89Posted 4/25/2012 12:15:47 PM
The scythe makes quick work out of the gorillas and snakes with XYXXXY and OL360Y; they aren't that annoying to deal with any more.
#6zenigame96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 12:49:53 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
Heh, going to push through, eh?

I decided to save my time for better things, but I wish you luck. *ninja salute*

Thank you sir!! And saving your time is completely understandable. I just figure since I'm already so close to completing the game... what's the point in stopping now?

iconoclast89 posted...
The scythe makes quick work out of the gorillas and snakes with XYXXXY and OL360Y; they aren't that annoying to deal with any more.

Have you faced them on Ultimate Ninja mode yet? I was hoping that same tactic would work, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I know that in Ninja Trials my issue with using that is that he takes so long to recover that sometimes I get grabbed when I land before I can get away... but then again with some proper looping perhaps Ryu can remain safe/in I-frames for most of it.
#7Gen2000Posted 4/25/2012 1:03:04 PM
Playing Ultimate Ninja I'm starting to hate the dogs more than anything else at the moment.

They died in a few hits on lower difficulties but on UN they have just enough health endurance to annoy you with their leg bites and flying dog swallows which actually does noticeable damage now.
---
The Storm Is About To Rage.....
#8zenigame96(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 1:32:33 PM
I didn't have a problem with them in Day 1, but I think Day 3 will be the real indication of how I will feel about them. Honestly though, the dogs were waaaaay worse in NGII and NGS2.
#9MurphysGhostPosted 4/25/2012 1:43:34 PM
XYXXXX was still killing them in one combo on day 1 for me.

Their FS is now something of a threat, indeed.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10desi_shinobiPosted 4/25/2012 1:54:09 PM
You decided to go through Ultimate Ninja then Murphy?
---
PSN - desishinobi
XBL - Desi Shinobi