So I rented this game yesterday...

#1cyanide02Posted 10/21/2011 2:49:30 AM
and I've gotta be honest. I don't see what all the bad reviews are about? I think it does the job pretty well considering it's the first of its kind. The controls can be a little bit awkward but after 10 minutes worth of play they're easy to get used to. The kinect does a great job at recognising your movements and your position.

The storyline is a little generic but I wasn't expecting much.

All in all, I feel it is a good fun game. Amazing? No. Groundbreaking? Arguable considering it's the only game of it's type at the moment. Terrible? Not at all!

I honestly think people should ignore the reviews and give it a try for themselves. Some will like it and others will hate it.
#2HDCasePosted 10/23/2011 9:03:18 PM
I just beat the game last night, I agree with everything you said except about the movement controls. They are awful and nearly ruin the game. If they let you use a game pad for movement and then you put it down to fight or interact with the environment, this game would have been so much better.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
#3comkozzyPosted 11/8/2011 3:17:37 AM
HDCase posted...
I just beat the game last night, I agree with everything you said except about the movement controls. They are awful and nearly ruin the game. If they let you use a game pad for movement and then you put it down to fight or interact with the environment, this game would have been so much better.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal

#4comkozzyPosted 11/8/2011 3:19:04 AM
help me get past the guy the game tells you not to move at all when he appears. He has killed me so many times.
#5ShadowvLordPosted 11/16/2011 1:15:45 AM
I'm interested in the game, the controls don't look perfect, but big deal.

Gamestop is selling it for $30, so I may try it.