So I rented this game yesterday...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Rise of Nightmares
  3. So I rented this game yesterday...
5 years ago#1
and I've gotta be honest. I don't see what all the bad reviews are about? I think it does the job pretty well considering it's the first of its kind. The controls can be a little bit awkward but after 10 minutes worth of play they're easy to get used to. The kinect does a great job at recognising your movements and your position.

The storyline is a little generic but I wasn't expecting much.

All in all, I feel it is a good fun game. Amazing? No. Groundbreaking? Arguable considering it's the only game of it's type at the moment. Terrible? Not at all!

I honestly think people should ignore the reviews and give it a try for themselves. Some will like it and others will hate it.
5 years ago#2
I just beat the game last night, I agree with everything you said except about the movement controls. They are awful and nearly ruin the game. If they let you use a game pad for movement and then you put it down to fight or interact with the environment, this game would have been so much better.
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal
5 years ago#3
HDCase posted...
I just beat the game last night, I agree with everything you said except about the movement controls. They are awful and nearly ruin the game. If they let you use a game pad for movement and then you put it down to fight or interact with the environment, this game would have been so much better.
---
Artiste of the Slightly Funny Deal

5 years ago#4
help me get past the guy the game tells you not to move at all when he appears. He has killed me so many times.
5 years ago#5
I'm interested in the game, the controls don't look perfect, but big deal.

Gamestop is selling it for $30, so I may try it.
  1. Boards
  2. Rise of Nightmares
  3. So I rented this game yesterday...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived