What was that film with Guan Yu in it?

#1Rikkus_dadPosted 7/28/2012 7:05:57 PM(edited)
Hi everyone, hope you're all well.

A couple of years a go a saw a trailer for a film about Guan Yu that someone posted on the DW5 boards. I don't know if the film is actually about him but the trailer gave me the impression he was the main character. The trailer had some awesome action and I was looking forward to it but then I just completely forgot about it, until I watched Red Cliff a few days ago and it reminded me. Does anyone know what film I'm talking about?

Thanks for your time
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#2Orcinus_ToothPosted 7/28/2012 6:56:28 PM
Do you mean the movie The lost blademan? It's a movie based on Guan Yu by Donnie Yen.

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6-7k4PrKU
#3Rikkus_dad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2012 7:05:12 PM
That's the one! Thanks man.
---
It's "I couldn't care less" NOT "I could care less"!! Why do 90% of English speakers get this wrong?
#4Cobra1010Posted 8/1/2012 8:06:38 AM
Im a fan of donnie yen but hes just way too short to be Guan Wan Cheung (Guan Yu)
---
Playing: Killing Floor, BFBC2, Team Fortress 2, L4d2
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--
#5masterwampatogaPosted 8/3/2012 2:18:56 AM
Cobra1010 posted...
Im a fan of donnie yen but hes just way too short to be Guan Wan Cheung (Guan Yu)

Exactly what I thought!
---
So like... yeah
#6ExodiverPosted 8/16/2012 12:13:40 AM
I think it's because it's pretty hard to find a suitable actor who has good martial arts skills, charisma, and height to play Guan Yu.
even in red cliff, guan yu is shorter than zhao yun and Zhang fei, but he's the most bad ass character from Shu camp.
---
The only verdict is vengeance; a Vendetta, held as a votive,not in vain,for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous
#7PlanescapedPosted 8/17/2012 11:29:41 AM
I thought he was a pretty good Guan Yu.
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes