DLC confirmed for us and eu

#21lderivedxPosted 3/31/2011 11:13:05 AM

March/Arena from Dynasty Warriors 3 in every stage :D

This. So much, this.
---
maybe he just smoked some hash and fell into his bowl of fruit loops.
i did that when i was in college
#22ArchonKnight9Posted 4/4/2011 7:29:03 AM
When is it coming out? I see no date.
---
{]xxxxxxxxx(&)::::;;;;;:::::::::::::::::::::;;;;::::::::::::::::>
Memento Mori
#23Shin_Hadouken_XPosted 4/4/2011 7:46:42 AM
samurifan001 posted...
I'm actually glad that they're releasing the Japanese voices. To me, 9 times out of 10 the Japanese voices are much more fluid than their English counterpart. I mean, when you're getting lines delivered like "We have to kill Sun *pause* Quan!" (Not an actual example) it sounds very awkward. Also, I've never heard Dynasty Warriors (In any of its iterations) in Japanese, so it will be interesting. See? Not everyone who wants to hear the Japanese voices in a weeaboo.

How can you say it's more fluid when you also say you've never heard DW in Japanese. Let alone, if you don't speak Japanese, you really can't tell if it sounds as corny to the Japanese as the English does to us, so it's unfair to make remarks like "it's superior."

I think (hopefully) this was the argument the guy who went crazy is trying to say.
---
GT: MyOwnEcho
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#24mrbakasanPosted 4/5/2011 7:06:54 AM
Considering that this game is about CHINESE history, the argument to play in Japanese makes me laugh. That being said, I think it is perfectly fine if that is what you prefer, I just think it is funny. I really like the English voice acting, especially now that they pronounce the names correctly. Interestingly, the English version has more correct pronuciation of the names than the Japanese version (just watch some youtube videos of the jp version if you want to see what I'm talking about).
---
GamerTag: JPVanDamme
PSN ID: mrbakasan
#25captainremoPosted 4/5/2011 9:00:45 PM
TheFinalBattalion posted...
March/Arena from Dynasty Warriors 3 in every stage :D
This. So much, this.

YES! me want
#26_Reaver_Posted 4/5/2011 9:23:16 PM
I just love it when a 40 year old american women is trying to act 13 year chinese girl.

Sounds so authentic!

Esp. for a japanese made game.
#27Guirec730Posted 4/5/2011 9:25:41 PM
I'll be all over this. My GF hates overhearing the dudes say that they'll be back for my head.

Now it'll just be some random "kaweenatsesimawaiii!" that hopefully doesn't get as old as quickly.
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#28Guirec730Posted 4/5/2011 9:28:59 PM
Also, they made no mention of the music tracks that I've heard about. Hoping for those, bigtime. I miss the Chinese instruments!
---
Tell them to send the next most dangerous.
#29zadokuPosted 4/5/2011 9:45:07 PM
When this coming out?!?!
#30RakesusPosted 4/5/2011 9:53:13 PM
Shin_Hadouken_X posted...
samurifan001 posted...
I'm actually glad that they're releasing the Japanese voices. To me, 9 times out of 10 the Japanese voices are much more fluid than their English counterpart. I mean, when you're getting lines delivered like "We have to kill Sun *pause* Quan!" (Not an actual example) it sounds very awkward. Also, I've never heard Dynasty Warriors (In any of its iterations) in Japanese, so it will be interesting. See? Not everyone who wants to hear the Japanese voices in a weeaboo.

How can you say it's more fluid when you also say you've never heard DW in Japanese. Let alone, if you don't speak Japanese, you really can't tell if it sounds as corny to the Japanese as the English does to us, so it's unfair to make remarks like "it's superior."

I think (hopefully) this was the argument the guy who went crazy is trying to say.

From someone that does speak Japanese to a decent degree: the Japanese voice actors for Dynasty/Samurai Warriors are every bit as corny and over the top as the English ones. They just match the game better, as it's Japanese quirkiness in a Japanese game (about a Chinese historical novel).

Personally, though I don't have this game yet, when I get it, the Japanese vocal DLC will be the first I get. It's so fun to laugh at the wacky antics the editors put the voice actors through.
---
Back from the dead.... or maybe just Tokyo.