Tips on Queelag (Blighttown boss?)

#1sfakisPosted 10/5/2011 9:46:45 PM
All the tips so far have been, wait for her to spit lava then get behind her and hit her. However, it feels like I've been rolling in circles forever dodging her attacks, and she's not spitting lava....
---
http://img816.imageshack.us/img816/5510/thmontypython.gif
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4877/pix578803492.jpg
#2sfakis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2011 11:13:21 PM
I'm only doing like 20 damage a hit with the drake sword...
---
#3gutsalloverPosted 10/5/2011 11:17:50 PM

Get humanity and run around in the stone passage area of Blight Town. After a bit it should say a phantom has invaded. This will be an NPC who is very easy to kill (just block and attack). Once she's dead, hit up the bonfire then go to the boss. There should be a sign on the ground right before you go through the white light that lets you summon this phantom. It makes the fight extremely easy, as the boss will more or less solely focus on the phantom (if she isn't, just backpeddle and let the phantom attack and soon enough she will again).

If you're having damage troubles, be sure to wield your sword in both hands and use R2 to attack. Pull your shield out again when she's focusing on you.

At least, this worked for me. I don't know if the invasion is random or a 100% chance thing.

#4nicasenPosted 10/5/2011 11:20:47 PM
You can wail on her very easily, there's actually few occasions where you need to play defensively against her.

1.) When she is swinging her sword you can go in for attacks. Run straight in front of her with lock on enabled until you can't physically be any closer. She will swing about 3 times and if you're close enough each and every swing will go overtop you and completely miss.

2.) She's locked in place while spitting lava. Switch to 2 hands and get a few hits in and after she's done throw your shield back up.

3.) Use fire resistance gear. Stating the obvious I know, but there's a good set of fire resistance gear (I believe it's the Pyromancer starting equipment?) in Blighttown, it helps quite a bit.

4.) When the human section faints and falls ontop of the spider head, run back. When this happens she'll do the AoE shockwave attack about 2 seconds later and it will probably OHKO you.
---
And god breathed into the nostrils of Adam on the first day, and it was good.
#5The_BonesPosted 10/5/2011 11:25:41 PM
Basically don't let her control where you go and instead you control where she goes. Also, make sure you never back into a wall. The way I beat her was to back away from her the majority of the fight which makes her follow after you and only attack when she does her big lava spew. After attacking her immediately back away as she usually does a powerful shockwave afterwards. The main problem in this fight to me was not being able to see behind me while being locked on as I would sometimes back into a wall resulting in my death.
#6RaengPosted 10/5/2011 11:25:50 PM
Here's how I did it. To prepare, equip the Pyromancer gear if you have it. It has very high Fire Resistance. Also make sure you can roll at max speed (1/4th of Equip burden).

Then.
- When she attacks melee, she will do 2 horizontal swings and then a stab. Dodgeroll these. Get the timing down, practice. After the stab you can get in one R2 before she backsteps.
- When you get to far away, she'll jump at you while spewing 3 fireblobs. Roll back to avoid these.
- If the chick pets the spider, he will spit fire. Use this as a visual queue to stand next to him and hammer on him.
- If the chick lies down on the spider, run the hell away, a AOE explosion will occur pretty darn fast.
- If the spider roars, he'll do a small earthquake pound.

You can basically punish after the 3 hit sword combo and after the firebreath, the rest is a bit risky. Better play it safe.
---
PSN: Royta15
www.youtube.com/royta15
#7oddball7465Posted 10/6/2011 12:02:24 AM
gutsallover posted...
Get humanity and run around in the stone passage area of Blight Town. After a bit it should say a phantom has invaded. This will be an NPC who is very easy to kill (just block and attack). Once she's dead, hit up the bonfire then go to the boss. There should be a sign on the ground right before you go through the white light that lets you summon this phantom. It makes the fight extremely easy, as the boss will more or less solely focus on the phantom (if she isn't, just backpeddle and let the phantom attack and soon enough she will again).If you're having damage troubles, be sure to wield your sword in both hands and use R2 to attack. Pull your shield out again when she's focusing on you.At least, this worked for me. I don't know if the invasion is random or a 100% chance thing.

What stone passage exactly?
---
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of something that is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions of hope.
#8sfakis(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 12:42:13 AM
I just can't seem to beat her. By the time I get to her I've used half my flasks due to poison. Right when I enter the battle, she immedietly jumps on me and shoots lava up my ass, taking half my health. when I do attack, I only inch her health away, barely doing anything. Then I'll get her down to about 1/2 and then get killed....
---
#9SmarkilPosted 10/6/2011 10:19:41 AM
sfakis posted...
I just can't seem to beat her. By the time I get to her I've used half my flasks due to poison. Right when I enter the battle, she immedietly jumps on me and shoots lava up my ass, taking half my health. when I do attack, I only inch her health away, barely doing anything. Then I'll get her down to about 1/2 and then get killed....

If you have the spider shield and ninja suit you shouldn't be poisoned when you make it to her. You just have to leap from between dry pieces of land.
---
()]]]]]]]];;;oo;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;/
#10Jptremblay13Posted 10/6/2011 2:59:58 PM
I had a dark knight shield that gave me like 95 res fire. So I stood in front of here, and when she did her 3 swings, 1 blocked the first one, attacked, blocked the 2nd one, attack, blocked the 3rd one, rolled away.

Rince and repeat.