Human- / Hollow- / Undead Form

#1VerperlungPosted 10/6/2011 7:58:58 AM
So I'm a bit confused about those different forms and their features.

Here is what I know:

Human Form
-Can kindle the bonfire
-Can summon Hollow players for aid.
-Can be invaded by BP Hollow players.

Hollow Form
-Can be summoned by a Human Form player as a Phantom.
-Has some detrimental effects (which?)

Undead Form
-??
-??

One of the wikis say "If the player dies in Human Form, it will respawn in Hollowed form, or as an undead."
Is this random, or what exactly determines what form you will get? What are the benefits of the Undead Form?

Holding Humanity increases resistance to Curse and item drop rate / discovery.
Is it possible to hold Humanity in every form?

Sorry if this was asked before. The wikis are missing information and I don't have the guide yet.
#2AnnihilatorSolPosted 10/6/2011 8:00:49 AM
Hollow = Japanese
Undead/zombie/hollow = English

I think no matter what happens, when you die you become hollow
#3Aeolus1212Posted 10/6/2011 8:02:26 AM
I believe the wiki means the 'or' to be clarification. As in, hollow form IS undead form.

And hollow form's main drawbacks are the reduction in resistance to curse, reduction in item drop rate, inability to summon phantoms for help, and a major reduction in lady killing potential.

You can't be invaded in hollow form though, so...it has its benefits. All in all, not really that big a deal. Since you'll be dieing so much, you'll spend most of the game in hollow form anyway, unless you wanna summon help for a boss.
#4JacknicklsonPosted 10/6/2011 8:03:16 AM
There really isnt a penalty for being hollow aside form not being able to summon phantoms. You can still get the extra curse resistance and item discovery rate from simply have accumulated humanity, even if you are hollow
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/78/legendofjerz.png
#5Aeolus1212Posted 10/6/2011 8:05:41 AM
^ I heard somewhere that curse resistance drops to zero when in hollow form, regardless of your armor or humanity. As in, curse is an instant-kill without the bar even appearing. Which is true?
#6HellKnightXPosted 10/6/2011 8:07:52 AM
Curse is not an instant kill. It reduces your maximum HP by half until you get it decursed, and it persists through death. It's a major pain in the ass for everything EXCEPT fighting ghosts. It's the only reliable way of fighting ghosts unless you have a cursed weapon or the item Transient Curse, which is only temporary.
---
Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you.
#7JacknicklsonPosted 10/6/2011 8:08:55 AM
Aeolus1212 posted...
^ I heard somewhere that curse resistance drops to zero when in hollow form, regardless of your armor or humanity. As in, curse is an instant-kill without the bar even appearing. Which is true?

You may be right, i know definitely that item discovery does not depend on being human or not and the guide isnt really clear in regards to curse resistance, at least from what I have read
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/78/legendofjerz.png
#8Verperlung(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 8:09:13 AM
Thanks, that's good to know!
I forgot to mention that as an undead, you can invade other human players to get some Humanity. If you're doing this, can you repeat this to farm Humanity, or are you revived after killing the host automatically?
If you can repeat, being undead is a good way to invade without the option of being invaded. I shall call it PvP Form :)
#9Aeolus1212Posted 10/6/2011 8:10:05 AM(edited)
@Hellknight - I mean on affliction. Whenever you first acquire curse, you die instantly. Curse resistance only affects how much curse it takes to actually acquire cursed status. Thus, if hollow form ignored your curse resist, then curse would be an instant kill.
#10Verperlung(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2011 8:18:05 AM
Jacknicklson posted...
i know definitely that item discovery does not depend on being human

item discovery and Curse resist is increased by holding Humanity. It's not necessary being human.