How do I kill ghosts?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How do I kill ghosts?
5 years ago#1
Magic?

Can magic weapons affect them?
"You're like a major power not getting the H-Bomb because it's only fair if you fight with muskets." - Greatherthan3, Demon's Souls
5 years ago#2
I think the only way is to be cursed, then you can hurt them. You can either get actually cursed by the frogs in the Depths, or you can use a Transient Curse which will inflict a temporary curse on you. You can buy those from the moss merchant in the sewer.
5 years ago#3

Can you temporary curse yourself as a block to permanent curse while in the sewers?

5 years ago#4
What does Curse do exactly? And is there a lot of ghosts I will have to deal with? Seems counter-productive to get cursed on purpose...
"You're like a major power not getting the H-Bomb because it's only fair if you fight with muskets." - Greatherthan3, Demon's Souls
5 years ago#5
lol, I don't know, haven't tried it, but I doubt it, since curse stacks it probably just kills you again.
5 years ago#6

Yeah, that is true. Just desperate to NOT get cursed again. Without the answer "be careful" lol

5 years ago#7
Curse will decrease your health by 50%, and it stacks enough for you to eventually be at 1/8'th health.
5 years ago#8
ohgma101 posted...
Curse will decrease your health by 50%, and it stacks enough for you to eventually be at 1/8'th health.

Surely curse isn't needed extensively, right? Otherwise it's something that was really badly planned....to have to go out of you way to farm souls so you can fight ghosts temporarily...
5 years ago#9
As far as I know it's only for those ghosts, but I haven't finished the game yet.

1. You can either get cursed and spend some souls on an item to cure it
2. Run past the ghosts.
3. Get temporarily cursed.
5 years ago#10
If you get lucky the Ghosts will drop the Ghost Blade. This dagger carries its own curse, and can hurt them regularly.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How do I kill ghosts?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived