The Black Knight in Undead Parish Is Apparently Afraid of the Church.

#1sythe343Posted 10/7/2011 7:10:50 AM
I was trying to find a good spot to lure this guy to and fight him, The spot i picked was a nice flat square area directly next to the church and between the bonfire with the blacksmith just below it.

My plan was to piss him off via backstab and then beat feet through the church and into this area. I had cleared everything out already so i figure even if i died there i could easily retrieve my souls again.

Well, the plan started off without a hitch and he commenced to chasing me down with a vengence. I bolted through the church not wanting to turn around for fear of being quashed by the monstrosity, and i made it to my spot, and got into stance and waited...

I didn't hear anything, no footsteps, no breathing, nothing..."How odd..." I thought to myself. I walked back through the church cautiously with the thought that he may just be AI Trolling me. But no...he wasn't there..."Even odder." I dropped my shield and ran out of the church to see big boy just strolling back to his perch...I ran down smacked him a good one and ran back to the church and this time turned around...

He ran through the front door, shield up and full ready to trounce me. He swung at me and i dodged, and then to my surprise he started backing out of the place, Shield up and watching me...But he wasn't attacking, it seemed like he just didn't like the church and wanted to get out.

I ran up and smacked him before he got out the front door...Nothing. He didn't react, he didn't try and hit me or shield...He just kept walking back out...he kept going down the stairs a bit and i ran out...He turned Faced me again and came out me with a fury....But stopped again once he got past the second door to the entrance and commenced to backing out again...

I decided to try and take advantage of this...So i ran up and smacked him 3-4 free times with my drake sword (which i use only for tail cutting and heavily armored enemies.) and he just kept going. I kept Luring him and watching him back up...all the while getting free hits on the guy.

He did drop a shield for me, Nice fellow, but he needs to come to terms with his faith.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#2shadowsofdawnPosted 10/7/2011 7:13:41 AM
The AI is programmed to not follow you through some areas, after a while anything will stop pursuit and slowly return to its area, it not exclusive to the Black Knight.
#3EisePosted 10/7/2011 7:14:12 AM
Good story, would read again.
---
Ignorance is not an excuse.
"If Heath was real Dragons would be real and that would be cool" - Madeyedmonkey
#4GlenshadowPosted 10/7/2011 7:14:13 AM
Cool story bro. And I actually mean that, I wish I had come up with that strat when fighting that guy, would've saved me some time and sanity!
---
Playstation Network ID: Glenshadow
36: Ancient Awarded to users with at least 2000 Karma. [GAP Member]
#5TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 10/7/2011 7:15:28 AM
LOL cool story bro

seriously

by the way, i just killed all the knights by luring them to that ladder in that dark room right before you get to the little bridge that's by the gigantic gate. i kicked them off the ladder, they fell, then i did my falling down attack or whatever they call it. two more sword swings after that, they were dead. might take a little longer for the black knight but you get the picture. worked great when i was still fairly weak
#6TJ_UNLIMITEDPosted 10/7/2011 7:16:15 AM
shadowsofdawn posted...
The AI is programmed to not follow you through some areas, after a while anything will stop pursuit and slowly return to its area, it not exclusive to the Black Knight.

i have yet to see this from anyone other than knights, those skeletons NEVER leave me alone lol
#7OmniNakagoPosted 10/7/2011 7:16:20 AM
You can cheese a lot of tough enemies that way.
---
May 8, 2006, E3. The beginning of the end.
#8GhostRider00Posted 10/7/2011 7:18:35 AM
The lightning drakes do that too.
#9sythe343(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 7:27:11 AM
I Had the B.Knight in Undead Burg chase me all the way back to the bonfire, Once again for incase i die, easy soul retrieval. And i backstabbed the bejezus out of him...Nearly kicked him off the platform.

I just figured of all the enemies the Black Knights would chase you down hardcore, but i suppose they are guarding something for a reason and have to return to post.

It was just odd that this Parish Knight never took his eyes off me aside from the first time i lost him and the second time when he turned to head back home.

While i was whooping him all i could think was what the black knight was thinking about during this.

"I'M GONNA GET YOU YOU LITTLE SHI-OMGOMGOMGOMGCHURCH"
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield