Seth the Scaleless help? (what tail?)

#1EzekialPosted 10/10/2011 5:10:19 AM
I am fighting Seth the Scaleless in the crystal caves. I have no idea how to fight him. I am trying to cut off his tail because I hear it gives you the Moonlight Greatsword, but it seems to be impossible. I took him down about 1/4 of his health by hitting just his tail.

It wouldn't fall off. But he has 3 tails so what one do I hit? I was hitting the back one... I think, It's hard to tell sometimes because he backs into a wall and that's normally how I die, because I get stuck.

Does anyone have any tips on fighting this guy in general? I am wearing cursebitter ring and White Painter attire for Curse resistance, but I just get raped constantly trying to go after his tail. Especially by his breath attack.

any help would be awesome.
#2Kamma999Posted 10/10/2011 5:17:28 AM
Ezekial posted...
I am fighting Seth the Scaleless in the crystal caves. I have no idea how to fight him. I am trying to cut off his tail because I hear it gives you the Moonlight Greatsword, but it seems to be impossible. I took him down about 1/4 of his health by hitting just his tail.

It wouldn't fall off. But he has 3 tails so what one do I hit? I was hitting the back one... I think, It's hard to tell sometimes because he backs into a wall and that's normally how I die, because I get stuck.

Does anyone have any tips on fighting this guy in general? I am wearing cursebitter ring and White Painter attire for Curse resistance, but I just get raped constantly trying to go after his tail. Especially by his breath attack.

any help would be awesome.

put on the curse resistance ring (which you did) and fast armour
use a lightning spear and what you do is just run circles in the room keeping in front of his (his side) left tentacle and do the spear's running stab attack. this will bait him into attacking in front if you slow down sometimes then run and stab that tentacle. if you run past the tentacle he'll down a ground stomp and kill you. if he does the huge area of affect attack just run away or constantly dodge while it's happening. but generally just keep following his left tentacle doing a stab attack, that's what worked for me.
#3SiouxperVillianPosted 10/10/2011 5:19:13 AM
Its the one between the other two.you gotta basically hit the tip, I managed to get it off with two hits.
---
Pedestrians have the right away unless they're in the way.-Master Shake
PSN- SiouxperVillian
#4Ezekial(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 5:21:41 AM
I am using a +5 Chaos Great Scythe (470DMG); it has a great lunge attack so i'll try humping his left.. thing. Hopefully it will go good. I already missed that stupid furry's tail in the painting world, not gonna miss this one!
#5confuyouPosted 10/10/2011 5:26:21 AM
He's not taking any damage from me.
#6Ezekial(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 5:50:36 AM
Well... He is dead... and his tail did not come off.... All hits were on the mid to base sections of the tail... Killed him entirely like that... oh well guess I have to wait for NG and really make sure I go for the tip... it moves around so much though it's really hard to hit.
#7frankiebeansPosted 10/10/2011 12:21:22 PM
i cant even damage the guy everytime i hit him its like his health comes back!! i can only hit him with arrows. i dont see a tail he just sits in the floor never gets up and only does that crystal attack.
#8frankiebeansPosted 10/10/2011 12:24:14 PM
confuyou posted...
He's not taking any damage from me.

yea me also its like he taks damage but his hp comes back.
#9ShingouryuPosted 10/10/2011 12:24:58 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You have to destroy his heart before you can damage him... Its in the same room
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#10ZamuoPosted 10/10/2011 12:25:08 PM
You have to destroy the crystal in the back first.