How the hell do I use magic/pyromancy?!?!?!?!?!?!

#1DeathmetalgamerPosted 10/10/2011 6:50:46 AM
Alright so I equipped 2 differnet catalysts, select the magic spell I want, and it's dimmed out and I can't use it. I have high enough intelligence. Why can't I do it?!?! Same with all the miracles except for "force"
#2TheLemon22Posted 10/10/2011 6:52:24 AM
I also have no idea how to do this.

Anyone please?
---
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed
#3Deathmetalgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 6:53:33 AM
I hope it has nothing to do with the class I chose!!
#4cityyankee24Posted 10/10/2011 6:55:11 AM
What's your class? If you are a Pyro then you need a Pyro's glove that you get in the tutorial.
---
PSN: DanDiesel
#5ShingouryuPosted 10/10/2011 6:56:48 AM
Class doesn't matter. First things first - Pyromancy, Sorcery and Miracles all have different catalysts. Pyromancers use the Pyromancer's Flame, Sorcery uses the catalysts themselves, and Miracles use talismans. Make sure they are properly equipped, and you can only use spells/miracles when they are an active weapon. Also, only Sorcery takes INT into account, Miracles use Faith.

Secondly, are you absolutely positive you have enough INT or other required stat? Being able to buy it does not necessarily mean you have enough...
---
"Sometimes the bluest parts of the sky seem the farthest away. I guess that's what keeps people striving for it."
#6Deathmetalgamer(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 7:15:15 AM
I am positive I have enough INT but I am not positive I have the right staff. I have 2 catalytic staffs, neither of them can let me use ANY pyromancy or magic that I have, and I have a lot.
#7sythe343Posted 10/10/2011 7:31:58 AM
Deathmetalgamer posted...
I am positive I have enough INT but I am not positive I have the right staff. I have 2 catalytic staffs, neither of them can let me use ANY pyromancy or magic that I have, and I have a lot.

Well, the staves won't work with pyromancy at all. What Spells are you trying to use? and what is your INT level.
---
Jumping feet first into hell isn't your job, making sure it's full when you get there is.
PSN: DedSythe XBL:Ser MeatShield
#8Rolling_StonedPosted 10/10/2011 7:35:49 AM
catalysts ONLY work with sorcery

pyro flame ONLY works with pyromancy

Talismans ONLY work with miracles.

You will not be able to use a catalyst to cast miracles or any other combination. That is why your catalyst doesn't cast pyromancy.
#9Cmac4Posted 10/10/2011 7:38:08 AM
Wow it's reall that hard for you to figure out...?
#10ho0p3r4life42Posted 10/10/2011 7:47:34 AM

I am having the same problem.