Early divine weapon?

#1DarkishFriendPosted 10/12/2011 7:51:17 AM
I read you could get your hands on a divine weapon early on without having to forge a weapon up. I think it was in the Valley of Drakes, anyone confirm?
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.
#2lone_wolf765Posted 10/12/2011 7:53:27 AM
If you go down the elevator from the forest to the valley, run past the drakes to the left until you reach a giant sleeping dragon on the further end is a sword of astora (longsword + holy status) The dragon will probably kill you but that's the best way to get it early in the game.
---
MH3 ID: BBRRL4
1000 karma ^^
#3Village IdiotPosted 10/12/2011 7:54:53 AM
Its better to build your own Divine weapon though.

Specifically a blunt-type Divine weapon, because it can not only perma-kill Skeletons, but a blunt weapon will actually break them up and they're helpless as they slowly reform.

A Halberd counts as blunt btw
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#4NatephilPosted 10/12/2011 7:56:02 AM
If you wake the dragon up from range, he'll start to vomit a poisonous liquid onto the battlefield. You can wade in from the side after each regurgitation to take a few stabs at the dragon. Rinse and repeat, no deaths, grab the loot.
---
While Dawn of War doesn't reinvent the RTS wheel, it does cover it with spikes and roll it over entire armies of screaming victims. Bring down the hammer.
#5DarkishFriend(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 8:12:09 AM
Yeah that dragon wasn't very hard to kill, but it turns out I the sword's requirement for faith is much higher than what I expected since mine is only at 9.
---
TF2, a game about spending RL money to open an ingame item, to receive an ingame item, to trade for an ingame item. Oh, and there is some shooter minigame.