How to avoid being invaded

#1zh_jiamingPosted 10/12/2011 9:01:33 PM
I'm a co-op PVE player. I have no desire to participate in PVP. If you like invading and being invaded, then good for you.

Need advice on how to escape from or avoid a PVPer. I'm not guilty so I should get the invasion warning message. Is menu --> quit game a safe way to escape?
#2Dave_is_my_namePosted 10/12/2011 9:02:39 PM
no you get a soul penalty for that

plus bad karma

if you dont want online, pull the plug before you play
---
GT: Zyzzyva X
PSN: Infosquito
#3Tyrannius88Posted 10/12/2011 9:05:43 PM
Stay a Hollow. You can't be invaded (mostly) as a hollow. You won't be able to summon phantoms that way, but you can still offer your services. Or you can kill yourself as soon as you are invaded, like by falling.
#4Lin__Posted 10/12/2011 9:06:34 PM
killing yourself when invaded is basically the same thing as killing you, once you die when youre invaded its all the same
#5zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 9:09:08 PM
Can you go into the details? I want the coop play so hollow form is not an option.

1. Does menu --> quit give you a penalty in lost souls? If so how much?

2. Does menu --> quit give you a penalty in sin? Can it be cleansed by the priest in the bell tower?

3. Does commiting suicide end the invasion and removes the invading player?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge comraddes
#6xerofyre0Posted 10/12/2011 9:12:01 PM
U can co op in hollow
---
http://www.down-rightfierce.com/2011/05/re-discovering-dreamcast-jet-grind.html
#7zeik56Posted 10/12/2011 9:13:18 PM
You can co-op in other people's games but you can't have people co-op in your game if you're hollow.
---
A second ant? No, no, it's his brother, avenging the death of his twin.
I'm going to follow him home.....kill his whole family.
~ Space Ghost
#8zh_jiaming(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2011 9:13:27 PM
Sure you can but I want to do the summoning too. Just need to understand the system better so I can game it to remove the enemy PVPers.
#9DahlVaughnniPosted 10/12/2011 9:17:00 PM
zh_jiaming posted...
Sure you can but I want to do the summoning too. Just need to understand the system better so I can game it to remove the enemy PVPers.

Apparently having a Dried Finger in your inventory reduces your invasions, but that's just hearsay for now. There are also covenants you can join to reduce invasions.

Other than that.....You're gonna have to deal with it. It's a package deal. It's the way the game was made, you were meant to be invaded. Man up, it almost never happens anyway. Stay hollow til you want to summon someone, then summon them, kill the boss, and go hollow again.

I don't see what the big deal is. You should try demons souls, where you're lucky to get through a stage WITHOUT being invaded. Dark Souls is incredibly lenient on invasions.
---
Gamertag & PSN: Archlvt
FFCC: EOT FC - 0261 0047 8986
#10A_German_spyPosted 10/12/2011 9:18:09 PM
zh_jiaming posted...

You're asking for something you can't have, lol. If you intend to be a host and summon phantoms, there is no way to totally avoid being invaded since you lock yourself out of using hollow form and playing offline. You can reduce the frequency of invasions by joining the Way of White, Princess Guard or Warriors of Sunlight covenants; people seem to say that being a member of the Way of White results in them "almost never" being invaded. That's as close as you're gonna get, lol.
---
"A crouton is like a party, in your mouth." - DuneMan
Teil Troll, Teil Gelehrte, meist harmlos und 100% rein naturlichen deutscher Spion.