Dragon King greataxe vs Dragon tooth?

#1Walkman_005Posted 10/14/2011 10:14:19 PM
The DK greataxe starts out with higher base damage but no scaling

Dragon tooth has scaling though

Which of these is worth upgrading for the best results in a strength based build?
#2GlamadorPosted 10/14/2011 10:28:58 PM
Wait...the DKGA starts with 360 base...but I could swear my Dragon's Tooth has 390 base...

Well whatever, I say Dragon's Tooth because it has range. I use my Great Club far more than my Great Axe. They really screwed over the GA moveset in Dark Souls compared to Demon's Souls...it used to be my favorite weapon...now I end up using my Lightning Claymore and Fire Spear more often.
#3MisterMetalPosted 10/14/2011 10:39:09 PM
Glamador posted...
Wait...the DKGA starts with 360 base...but I could swear my Dragon's Tooth has 390 base...

Well whatever, I say Dragon's Tooth because it has range. I use my Great Club far more than my Great Axe. They really screwed over the GA moveset in Dark Souls compared to Demon's Souls...it used to be my favorite weapon...now I end up using my Lightning Claymore and Fire Spear more often.

you are correct, Tooth has 390 vs DKGAs 360
#4Walkman_005(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2011 10:41:03 PM
Sorry too say, Dragon tooth has 290 vs DKs 360

Otherwise it would be an easy choice
#5jivebeaverPosted 10/14/2011 10:46:48 PM
strength scaling by the time you can hold it almost immediately beats DK greataxe
#6GlamadorPosted 10/14/2011 10:58:37 PM
Walkman_005 posted...
Sorry too say, Dragon tooth has 290 vs DKs 360

Otherwise it would be an easy choice

Ah. I was off by 100. Personally, I have completely disowned all the dragon weapons. They are slower, heavier, and don't scale with stats compared to base weapons. After upgrades they almost match a good lightning weapon, but factor in the enormous repair cost for using their special skills and...well, I say screw 'em.
#7footstabiousPosted 10/14/2011 11:09:40 PM
I have been playing with 4 different heavy 2h weapons.
(pumped 50 str from the start)

DK gsword, axe, dragon tooth, and demons hammer.

The DK gSword is by far the best in terms of distance, timing, and moveset.
It also has the best 1h R2 attack. Same with analog up+R2. (Yes my character sheild+2h.. im no spear+sheild or magic coward.

But this is just my opinion. I found the axe's and hammers don't have the same reach. And they all seem to be slightly slower than the DK Gsword.

Would love some more input or experience playing with the heavy 2H weapons.

And I really wish From would of allowed more phys blocking reduction with 2h. Maybe include it in the upgrade path?
#8xxsyrusvbPosted 10/15/2011 12:20:28 PM
Glamador, that's because the greataxe in demons souls was completely over powered. I have yet to make it far enough in the game to comment on the axe in dark.

In demons souls, pvp was cluttered with people doing the rollling greataxe attack.