Oscar, Knight of Astora... Our Hero

#1USA_SanosukePosted 10/18/2011 10:55:11 AM
There is a lot to be said about Oscar. Sure, he doesn't get much lime-light, but he does the single most important act for you in the game. The act I am talking about is giving you the key to your freedom. Without this key, we would have just rotted away.

Oscar basically wants to be "us" as the player. He wants to be the chosen undead, destined save the world. Unfortunately he couldn't do that, but he isn't selfish, he lets you take the seat of the main protagonist.

Also he wears the "Elite Knight" Armor. As many of you know, this is some good stuff. Many consider it to be the armor of choice due to its good defenses, mild weight, and lack of stamina hindrance.

I know that everyone loves SunBro, OnionBro, WolfBro, and the likes. But try to remember the guy who started it all... Oscar, Knight of Astora!

*Goes back to grinding Elite Knight gear*
#2Dark_Soldier42Posted 10/18/2011 6:16:04 PM
ALL HAIL OSCAR!!!
---
PSN - ShadowE17
"Ignorant people with opinions are the biggest threat to Society"
#30megaDragonSworPosted 10/18/2011 6:19:40 PM
he also gave us the gift of Sunny D
---
PSN- Mushinronja
Youtube - Mushinronja - Dark Souls Extended Themes now :D
#4StockpileThomasPosted 10/18/2011 6:48:00 PM
Oscar is great, i've already made an NPC of him. Very quick and easy to make and fun too, good build for being a low level helper.
#5scarred_steakPosted 10/21/2011 3:53:27 AM
Such a tragic tale.

Assuming he's the same dude kneeling down in the DkS promo art, it looks rather melancholic.
---
XBLGT, PSN , Wii FCs, SteamID in profile
MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 http://i.imgur.com/qubsV.jpg
#6CharlieXSiPosted 10/21/2011 3:55:48 AM
I thought that guy was Ricard???? The rapier mentioned him going North, which I assumed is Northern undead Asylum
#7StockpileThomasPosted 10/21/2011 3:58:06 AM
^It is the same guy. Also i've come the conclusion that his armour (Elite Knight set) is actually the armour featured on the front cover of the NA/EU edition, although it is slightly jazzed up in the picture it is the closest match.
#8StockpileThomasPosted 10/21/2011 4:00:18 AM
I spose it could be Ricard or anyone really, but that guy is already hollow when you meet him, Oscar would seem more apt, he has missioned to rescue the chosen undead after all.
#9ArakDemonBladePosted 10/21/2011 4:06:50 AM
Give it up for Freedombro.