Greatshield of Artorias: best go-to shield for blocking?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Greatshield of Artorias: best go-to shield for blocking?
5 years ago#1

What do you guys think? Just discovered this bad boy; hadn't even thought of using boss souls to make a shield.

Anyone have experience with this one? How is it? (And how's it look? I can't find a picture anywhere...)

5 years ago#2
My personal favorite shield, 88 stability, highest in the game.
"Flapping the wings of scarred yet broken angels, I will erase the pain that has suffered me some day"
5 years ago#3

Nice. Can it be upgraded? Demon Titanite, maybe?

5 years ago#4
It can be upgraded, but it's not going to do anything outside of increasing it's attack, I think.

Havel's Greatshield is probably the best shield there is, but that thing is ****ing heavy. Not recommended unless you're gonna wear Havel's Ring or you enjoy moving slow.
The sentence below is true.
The sentence above is false.
5 years ago#5
Aside from its godly stability, it's clearly the best looking shield in the game, I use it with True Greatsword of Artorias, now if only there was Artorias armor set, I'm sure that would be on a whole new level of epic.
5 years ago#6

Cool. Thanks for the input, fellas.

5 years ago#7
Supposedly it also lets you block some status effects, but I've never tested it.
Now you see! Mazinger Z's power!
5 years ago#8
Eagle Shield +15 has 91 stability according to the wiki
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."-Socrates
5 years ago#9
I actually prefer the +15 hallow soldier shield. Its 85 (86?) stability and comes without the weight of the greatshields. Thats just for blocking though. i also use the other shields for respective elemental defense.
Jack Daniels. Drink it.
5 years ago#10
Auron27 posted...
Eagle Shield +15 has 91 stability according to the wiki

Negative on that.

Accoring to the official guide the +15 stability for eagle shield is 84.

Highest stability among shields is Artorias acording to the guide. But it's upgraded stats aren't shown there lol...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. Greatshield of Artorias: best go-to shield for blocking?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived