Prowling demons weakness?

#1jediblasterPosted 10/19/2011 6:42:05 PM
The first couple you encounter before the forest and the first two in Sens are pretty easy as they have low health, but the rest just get ridiculous amounts of health. They are quite easy when you have them in a large area as it is pretty easy to hug their left side and avoid all hits and just roll out of danger when they leap attack you. However, the one in Lost Izalith tunnel just before you get to the gate with the chaos bugs is not as easy to kill. I die more from rolling off the ledge out into the lava then I do from it's attacks.

I have a lightning spear +4, lightning battle axe and Divine club. All do pretty much the same amount of damage. I have not tried any fire based attacks, but are these guys weak to anything which would take them out quicker?
#2qwikfixxxPosted 10/19/2011 6:44:18 PM
Actually one of the easiest, albeit slower ways, to kill them is to go just within lock on range with a bow and then dance left and right while avoiding the lightning he shoots at you. If you're within a certain range he won't melee at all and you can just shoot him till he dies, its much safer than trying to melee them and really doesn't take that much longer.
#3jediblaster(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2011 6:56:02 PM
qwikfixxx posted...
Actually one of the easiest, albeit slower ways, to kill them is to go just within lock on range with a bow and then dance left and right while avoiding the lightning he shoots at you. If you're within a certain range he won't melee at all and you can just shoot him till he dies, its much safer than trying to melee them and really doesn't take that much longer.

Nah, their strategy is pretty easy to melee them. I feel better meleeing them anyway. I just found out this is the respawning titanite demon in that corridor and it IS especially strong, so I guess it is just a matter of hitting and dodging and hang it if I get unlucky and roll off the bridge.
#4qwikfixxxPosted 10/19/2011 6:59:39 PM
Yeah when you do melee attack them there is really only one attack to watch out for, when he leaps in the air to smash you have to time your roll to avoid it since this attack is unblockable, his other attacks can be blocked. Having dark wood grain ring helps for this tactic.
#5hikuraiPosted 10/19/2011 7:09:32 PM
qwikfixxx posted...
Yeah when you do melee attack them there is really only one attack to watch out for, when he leaps in the air to smash you have to time your roll to avoid it since this attack is unblockable, his other attacks can be blocked. Having dark wood grain ring helps for this tactic.

it actually is blockable, can do it maybe 60% of the time. the trick is to watch it while its in the air. since it undoes ur lock on u just watch its tail and then turn in the direction its going.

a majority of the time for me its about a 100 degree turn to the left, not a full 180, just a bit short of that.

hope that helps for anyone who doesnt want to roll, or when there is quite enough room to roll