Where to after Quelaag?

#1PffrbtPosted 10/19/2011 8:32:54 PM

I've reached the Demon Ruins and had Ceaseless Discharge jump off a cliff, now I don't know where to go. In one direction are a bunch of huge ass demons that destroy me in one hit, and the other way is a bunch of Capra Demons that aren't much easier. This seems like a HUGE difficulty spike, am I not suppose to be headed this way?

#2dapetersPosted 10/19/2011 8:35:06 PM
Yeah, I've noticed this too... and is there a shortcut back to Firelink? I dont want to go all the way through Blighttown and the Depths...
---
PSN: TalkingThing
Challenge breeds success, and you get what you pay for!
#3TheKelbiPosted 10/19/2011 8:35:14 PM
You're heading towards the final area of the game, lololol. That's not 'till later, my friend.

From here you have a couple choices. You can go back to Firelink Shrine and attempt the Catacombs, or you can go back to the Undead Parish and go past the Blacksmith to Darkroot Forest and fight The Great Gray Wolf Sif. Or, you can leave Sif for later and go to Sen's Fortess and fight the Iron Golem on your way to Anor Londo.

I personally did Sif first, then the Golem, then the Catacombs. But Sif can be hard because you need a lot of stamina and a good shield to shield-tank him.
#4TheKelbiPosted 10/19/2011 8:36:32 PM
There IS a shortcut back to Firelink IF you have the Master Key. Go up the waterwheel in the middle of the swamp for a shortcut to the Valley of the Drakes. Cross the gap with the boards and go up the tower to the New Londo Ruins. Leave the tower, turn left, go up the stairs, and go up the elevator to return to Firelink.
#5wilowns1Posted 10/19/2011 8:39:05 PM
You could also go to the Great Hollow which is what i did after Quelaag and am doing right now, but it's kind of annoying, don't bring any souls in with you because you WILL lose them from trial and error of falling down branches
---
My Ranking of the Final Fantasies:
IV>>>VII>VI>>X=IX>XII>V>>I>XIII>>VIII>III>>II
#6rld2Posted 10/20/2011 8:30:09 AM

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just took out Quelaag last night and had a couple of other questions. Please try to keep the spoilers to a minimum, if possible, Thank you!

I found the odd FireKeeper that's half-spider. Is that bonfire OK to rest at? Someone had laid down a sign warning against "comfort" and I didn't want to try to rest at it and then end up dead without fully exploring the area. Also, I tried to talk to the FireKeeper and all I got in response is a "...?", but then the menu comes up to join the Covenant. What covenant is that? How do I get the trophy for discovering it without actually joining it? I'm trying not to join Covenants and then leave them.

Anything else in that area that I should be on the lookout for? I found the way to the Demon Ruins and after exploring that, I figured out that I wasn't meant to go there, yet.

Also, there's no other shortcut back other than going ALL of the way back up the waterwheel and through the Valley of the Drakes?

#7KratierPosted 10/20/2011 8:34:36 AM
you can go to the great hollow , which the entrance is near the quealag boss.get the dragon covenant stuff, kill the hydra, tons of items in great hollow
thats what i did, just be wary of those basilisk curses, ruined me for like 2hours trying to get out of that hell hole
#8LegoTechnicPosted 10/20/2011 8:36:58 AM
There IS a shortcut back to Firelink IF you have the Master Key. Go up the waterwheel in the middle of the swamp for a shortcut to the Valley of the Drakes. Cross the gap with the boards and go up the tower to the New Londo Ruins. Leave the tower, turn left, go up the stairs, and go up the elevator to return to Firelink.

You don't need the master key for this as you're coming in the direction of Quelaag's, and the key to the gate is in a chest on your way up at the top of the scaffolding. You only need the Master Key if you're going DOWN the shortcut from New Londo without having gone through the Depths/Blighttown to get to the swamp.
---
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero
#9rld2Posted 10/20/2011 8:37:11 AM

Where exactly is the enterance to Great Hollow? I didn't look around the outside of the giant egg sack that Quelaag is in, as I was too busy chasing my White Phantom and evading the Fatty with the Boulder.

#10kjhoveyPosted 10/20/2011 8:39:15 AM
TheKelbi posted...
You're heading towards the final area of the game, lololol. That's not 'till later, my friend.

That's not the final area of the game O_o.
---
http://martha.web-guidance.com/
GT=kjhovey v2 PSN= kjhovey