Best weapon to upgrade divine route

#1sazrahPosted 10/23/2011 4:34:47 PM
I am currently using a Drake Sword+3 and want to switch to upgrading a standard wep going down the divine route since I am aiming for my main stat to be faith.

However I have accidentally thrown away the Astora's Straight Sword (I fed it to the NPC monster at Firelink Shrine - I know, stupid!) so I was wondering what alternatives I had?

I would prefer a sword similar to the Drake Sword as that suits my play style but I have no idea what weapon to choose. Please help!
#2TheDarkn1ghtPosted 10/23/2011 4:38:55 PM
If you like the Drakesword's moveset then use a longsword. It's easy to get and a Divine Longsword +10 out damages Astora's Straight Sword +5 anyway, so don't feel bad about hocking it. Be warned though, it's not the strongest divine weapon by a long shot and you may want to use a larger sword like the claymore or zweihander for beefier enemies.
---
PSN: TH3NAML3SS
#3sazrah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2011 4:48:09 PM
Ah thank you, that does put my mind at rest a bit. I did feel really stupid because I didn't realise all this stuff about upgrades and thought it was just another weak weapon to throw away along with all the broken swords! I guess I am also a bit peeved about the fact it's the only sword that scales with faith that I can tell.

I was thinking that later in the game I might aim to get Greatsword of Artorias to take on the bigger badder enemies... sound like a doable plan?
#4SirRegulusPosted 10/23/2011 4:55:37 PM
If you like the Drake Sword moveset in particular (sweeping attacks on the one handed R2), your best bet would be the Broadsword.
#5larsonousPosted 10/23/2011 5:19:41 PM
i used morning star for it since skellies are supposed to be weak to blunt weapons. need slab now to get +10.
#6lakerspsg4Posted 10/23/2011 5:23:18 PM
Can anyone tell me how to get the Greatsword of Astorias? Apparently there's a True Greatsword of Astorias?

Also how slow/fast is it compared to the Zweihander or Black Knight Greatsword?
---
Spit so many verses sometimes my jaw twitches
One thing this party could use is more...*ahem* booze
#7TheDarkn1ghtPosted 10/23/2011 5:43:31 PM
The Greatsword of Artorias (cursed) is made from a Sif's soul using a +10 straight sword (longsword, short sword, claymore, bastard sword, etc.) It only does physical damage, but can kill ghosts (without you being cursed). The True Greatsword of Artorias is made using a broken sword +10. It does physical and magical damage scaling well with both Faith and Magic. Both have evenly spread stat requirements, making them difficult to wield unless you specifically want to use the weapon.

lakerspsg4 posted...
Also how slow/fast is it compared to the Zweihander or Black Knight Greatsword?

It is classified as a greatsword, so its power and swings are comparable to a claymore not a Zweihander. However, it is as large and heavy as the zwei making it's value dubious.

I wouldn't use it unless you absolutely want to spread your stats out, as it's power is not that impressive compared to the Ultra Greatswords. It's definitely more badass looking then all of them though, so you may want to use it for looks alone.
---
PSN: TH3NAML3SS
#8lakerspsg4Posted 10/23/2011 5:48:36 PM
So I just realized it was Artorias, not Astorias lol

Anyways, I plan on making a Sunbro build, so the Faith is not a problem. I wasn't planning on taking intelligence too high...but I guess I might have to.
---
#9lakerspsg4Posted 10/23/2011 5:51:35 PM
Reading the description for intelligence, this seems completely worthless for the build I want. Oh well, I guess I'll have to find another divine weapon to use.
---