Gargoyle Helm and shield.

#1MajahretDivieraPosted 10/24/2011 1:35:58 PM

so for the longest time i kept trying to get these two items, and after 5 playthroughs a ng++ and a new character i finally got it. not sure if this is the only way to get them or if i was just extremely lucky. so Basically this is how it went down for me. i opened the cell door with the mystery key to free lautrec, went back to firelink and then came back to where i would fight the gargoyles summoned lautrec and Solair just cuz i was alive, and Lautrec really went to town on the first gargoyle, i was planning on chopping off the tail but that mofo killed him jsut before i managed that and then killed the second one right after, thing was both of them dropped the helm and shield, dont knwo if it was just luck or if this is the sure way to get them to drop it. anywho just thought i would share in this to see if anyone else had a similar situation as me. but seriously in my other playthough even with 20+ humanity and the gold serpent ring, i couldnt get it XD

#2tag545Posted 10/24/2011 1:38:28 PM
I always just killed the first gargoyle at the church until I got everything
#3SketchySpiderPosted 10/24/2011 1:40:27 PM
I'm afraid they're all just luck, both of them, as well as the Gargoyle Halberd. My first character I actually got the helm from the rooftop goyle, but I screwed my playthrough up a bit, so overwrote it with a new one. All four dead, no items at all.

I also didn't get the Boar helm with this character, not from any of them, my previous character got one from the first boar.

Guess this character is just naturally unlucky...
---
Play with guns and drink and cuss and tell your kids that drugs are fun.
#4SketchySpiderPosted 10/24/2011 1:41:55 PM
tag545 posted...
I always just killed the first gargoyle at the church until I got everything

That's brilliant! Doing that in NG+. You, sir, are a genius.
---
#5KratierPosted 10/24/2011 1:42:19 PM
its no big deal, helm is kinda cool, but its better to just farm shards or something, then trade for the helm, or get someone to give it to you
#6tlnPosted 10/24/2011 1:42:43 PM
What's the exact name of the shield and helmet? I've never heard about them dropping anything but their weapon before.
#7MajahretDiviera(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 1:45:32 PM

that was a good idea i just wished the helm and shield didnt suck especially for how rare it is, though the helm does looks pretty neat. but yeah for the boar, its specific, the final blow has to be to the head could be be magic, pyro, or melee dont really matter but it has to be a direct hit to the head for it to drop it. cuz when i imported Dark Souls the character i made got it without even trying, and when i got the English one he didnt get it, didnt even get it till i fought the third one in ng+ XD

#8MajahretDiviera(Topic Creator)Posted 10/24/2011 1:46:31 PM

its just gargoyle helm and gargoyle shield not much to their names.

#9tag545Posted 10/24/2011 1:47:57 PM
I think it's just gargoyle's helmet, shield or halberd. Their descriptions are that they aren't special in any way. Weird because the halberd messes with my resistance bars
#10SketchySpiderPosted 10/24/2011 1:51:30 PM
MajahretDiviera posted...
that was a good idea i just wished the helm and shield didnt suck especially for how rare it is, though the helm does looks pretty neat. but yeah for the boar, its specific, the final blow has to be to the head could be be magic, pyro, or melee dont really matter but it has to be a direct hit to the head for it to drop it. cuz when i imported Dark Souls the character i made got it without even trying, and when i got the English one he didnt get it, didnt even get it till i fought the third one in ng+ XD

It definitely doesn't have to be anything specific for the boar. My Initial character one-shotted it with a buttstab and got the drop.
---