How do I get to the Crystal Caves?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How do I get to the Crystal Caves?
4 years ago#1

I'm at the last bonfire in the duke's archive and I've explored a lot, but I haven't found the entrance.

4 years ago#2
Have you found the staircase that rotates when you turn a wheel halfway up it? If you have, look for another one like it that you will probably have to jump onto in the other half of the archives.
---
Start a man a fire and he's warm for a day.
Start a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
4 years ago#3
I died in Dukes Archive and it brought me to circular area with jail cells around the stairs that go up. It was someone where in there. Later on I did find a way back to Dukes Archives, which must be the door in the post above, but all you have to do is die in Dukes archives.
---
I'm in trouble, please recommend this signature!
Dark Souls holla!
4 years ago#4
I meant it was somewhere in there.

I'd hate for you to die and lose a ton of humanity, and not make it there, because in all honesty, I have no idea how or why it brought me there when I died as opposed to the last bonfire I rested at, but it did, the last bon fire being the first one in the archive.
---
Dark Souls holla!
4 years ago#5
there are 2 rotating stair wells. the one opposite of the anor lando side is the one you need to get to.
---
1-29-01 Phantasy Star Online
4 years ago#6
rep_HC posted...
I died in Dukes Archive and it brought me to circular area with jail cells around the stairs that go up. It was someone where in there. Later on I did find a way back to Dukes Archives, which must be the door in the post above, but all you have to do is die in Dukes archives.

you are supposed to die to seethe the 1st time you meet him. and you are sent to the cell as intended. where you try to get back up to duke's.

anyways, last bonfire? need to make sure which bonfire that is. is it the one that's on a circular balcony? if so you turn left and you should see a room to your right (where logan will be when you save him at the duke's jail), to your left is a stair and in front of you is another room. to to that middle room and you'll find a lever to the left, it'll open the stairs down to get outside of duke's archives and on your way to crystal cave.
---
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill thousands of men and you are a hero, Kill them all, and you are a god.
4 years ago#7
tmrw_nt_tdy posted...
rep_HC posted...

anyways, last bonfire? need to make sure which bonfire that is. is it the one that's on a circular balcony? if so you turn left and you should see a room to your right (where logan will be when you save him at the duke's jail), to your left is a stair and in front of you is another room. to to that middle room and you'll find a lever to the left, it'll open the stairs down to get outside of duke's archives and on your way to crystal cave.

What I meant was, I went through the area with the 2 boars, and the bonfire was either right there, or, it was right after you went up the lift. I went up the lift, the died, got transported to the circular room. Hope that helps!
---
Dark Souls holla!
4 years ago#8
rep_HC posted...
tmrw_nt_tdy posted...
rep_HC posted...

What I meant was, I went through the area with the 2 boars, and the bonfire was either right there, or, it was right after you went up the lift. I went up the lift, the died, got transported to the circular room. Hope that helps!

hmmm, so you died before facing seethe at his 1st room? and you were sent to the jail? hmmm, haven't heard that happening to anyone. either way. when you are at the jail bonfire you are to go down the stairs (carefully) at the bottom you'll see a ladder to go up and you'll find the key there. you then go up the stairs to the locked door and you'll be back at duke's archive.
---
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill thousands of men and you are a hero, Kill them all, and you are a god.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls
  3. How do I get to the Crystal Caves?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived