What is the point of making Crystal weapons?

#1S1lver_Bull3tPosted 10/28/2011 8:43:33 PM
I heard that Crystal weapons are REALLY powerful, and I plan on making a Crystal Greatsword which I will use for maybe really powerful PVP enemies and bosses. BTW is it true that weapons you UPGRADED to crystal (not weapons like Crystal Straight Sword you buy from Domhnall) can be repaired until broken?
---
Can I really put anything I want in this little box? Cool!
#2ExtremeBeastPosted 10/28/2011 8:44:47 PM
Nope crystal weapons can't be repaired
---
Psn: ExtremeBeast
Youtube.com/zeromgo2
#3MBergis1Posted 10/28/2011 8:45:30 PM
Can they be upgraded? I have a few?
#4AtmaWeaponXPosted 10/28/2011 8:45:46 PM
The ability to comprehend the You Cant Fix Them facet of crystal weapons seems to have only been imbued upon a select few.

You could probably mass produce crystal weapons from some generic weapons though.
---
Jolly Cooperation!
#5Tyrannius88Posted 10/28/2011 8:47:38 PM
Mass produce? Hardly. Not if you want to get them to +5. They still require chunks and a slab. Plus, tiny durability and no repair option? There is no point to Crystal weapons, except for the trophy.
#6ChingSensAsianPosted 10/28/2011 8:49:45 PM
Apparently they're enchantable, so you can buff a Crystal Greatsword with Crystal Magical Weapon lol
---
You're gonna carry that weight.
#7S1lver_Bull3t(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 8:49:51 PM
AtmaWeaponX posted...
The ability to comprehend the You Cant Fix Them facet of crystal weapons seems to have only been imbued upon a select few.

You could probably mass produce crystal weapons from some generic weapons though.

Don't need to be so mean :( but anyway I asked that because i read from a topic on the official Dark Souls forums (preparetodie.com... how fitting) that crystal weapons can be repaired if not completely broken... oh and to an above poster, yes you can upgrade crystal weapons using titanite chunks, then a titanite slab to make it +5.
---
#8S1lver_Bull3t(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2011 9:06:03 PM
So can anyone tell me like if they are actually super-powerful? That's what i've heard, but just wanna be sure before i start makin one.
---
#9XtremeDeathPosted 10/28/2011 9:13:46 PM
As as I read in the description that crystal weapons can not be repaired, I decided to ignore them. What's the point if they're just gonna break? Why would I waste valuable souls towards their creation? It's pointless.
#10Robin_DudePosted 10/28/2011 9:15:28 PM
Crystal weapons are pretty much like a weapon on another game called "Vesta's Longsword" it costs 40,000,000 and only lasts an hour in combat. It is ridiculously powerful, but ridiculously expensive (time consuming to get in this case)
---
"Let's see you GRIT THOSE TEETH"
PSN - ZIGZAGZOM