Is there a bonfire in New Londo Ruins?

#1shantdPosted 10/29/2011 7:25:34 PM

I've searched this place high and low, released the water, opened the gate to drake valley. Just got wasted by the four kings...didn't even see what hit me. Still, no bonfire...I'm dreading having to inch my way through there for the 10th time all the way from firelink shrine. How do I get to the bonfire?

#2Bigj089Posted 10/29/2011 7:25:56 PM
No sir
---
I hate pineapple pizza but I don't boycott pizza shops that offer that abomination.--The Liberator
#3JokerxDragonPosted 10/29/2011 7:28:12 PM(edited)
Nope, there is no bonfire in there, either have to use the bonfire in darkroot basin and trek through the Drakes everytime, or Firelink. For the four kings, mobility isn't required, a tip, if you are melee or even if you aren't, stick close to them, their arms do much much less damage than getting hit by that weapon, you need poise for the fight, put on full havels, two hand your weapon and let loose, preferably a fire weapon if you have one, if you use magic, the poise from havels helps.
---
I love when people yell "throw it!" when a player scoops up a ground ball in baseball, like the player isn't aware of the fact they need to throw it.
#4shantd(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 7:27:10 PM

Damn...is there a shortcut to those damn kings at least? Besides the king, does this place have a boss? What am I supposed to be doing down here?

#5JokerxDragonPosted 10/29/2011 7:29:07 PM
shantd posted...
Damn...is there a shortcut to those damn kings at least? Besides the king, does this place have a boss? What am I supposed to be doing down here?

You're down there to kill the Four Kings...part of the story...best bet is to just run through everything if you don't want to fight your way through everytime.
---
I love when people yell "throw it!" when a player scoops up a ground ball in baseball, like the player isn't aware of the fact they need to throw it.
#6tricky_onePosted 10/29/2011 7:30:20 PM
Yes there is a shortcut, it will take maybe a minute to get to the boss from the elevator. The whole point of NL is to unflood the area and kill the four kings.
---
PSN torlon
#7shantd(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 7:33:37 PM

Ah...I thought the kings were bonus for Frampt. Alright I'll try running through then. 2 questions...

1- Can you tell me which bosses I need to find & kill for Frampt?

2- What are the major items you find down here (aside from souls of warriors, etc...)? Found the composite bow, nothing else really. Are there a lot of new areas that open up and new items to be found after you drain the water?

#81dragon155Posted 10/29/2011 7:35:33 PM
From the elevator from Firelink Shrine, run across the two bridges until you get to the first ghost. From there, do not go up the stairs. Instead run to the opposite side from where you entered and drop down (look for a guy in a pot if your having trouble finding it). You should be in the waterlogged courtyard where you would be after fighting the first soulmass.

Here watch this video. Toward the end, it will show the shortcut.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBXYBbNEjdQ&feature=channel_video_title
---
"Zelda is only one game with about 50 different dresses." -Yahtzee
#9JokerxDragonPosted 10/29/2011 7:38:03 PM
Bosses you need to kill are Four Kings, Bed of Chaos, Seath the Scaleless and Gravelord Nito.
---
#10shantd(Topic Creator)Posted 10/29/2011 11:27:04 PM

Thank you guys, much appreciated.