stunlock weapon list

#1MWXIIIPosted 10/30/2011 12:46:26 AM
Is there a list of weapons that cause stunlock anywhere?? cant find one
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#2JanneDaArc135Posted 10/30/2011 12:47:39 AM
I would be interested in this too. I use the gravelord sword +5 but word has it, the murakumo makes it look like a lollipop.
#3MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 12:53:02 AM
lol ya I use lifehunt and washing pole, currently trying the murakumo instead of the pole. bizzzump
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#4gna647Posted 10/30/2011 12:54:19 AM
idk if it's been confirmed

but i whipped this guy to death and he couldn't do anything about it. Stun lock with the whip. Not sure though.
---
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltewlauBdE1qax1qso1_500.png
#5MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 1:17:21 AM
interesting... im lazy, quick, someone make me a list!!! ~~snaps fingers~~
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#6EWGFPosted 10/30/2011 1:25:00 AM(edited)
It's impossible to confirm this with accuracy without proper (and lengthy) testing. I did all the confirms and tests on the old DS stun-lock list, and that took A LONG time with the help of several other players, and I've been trying to do special RSS sessions, but it's impossible. At some point I will get a session and do a ton of confirms.

It's also 10x more complicated now. Here's an idea of what you'd need to know before you could say you found a combo:

1) What actually combos with 0 poise, and 25% roll. Basic combo check.

2) What actually combos with 0 poise and Wood Grain Roll. Basic combo check for proclivity versus Grain Ring.

3) If a combo is confirmed... how much Poise can ignore the opener's hit-stun?

4) Can other openers be used to alter the required amount of poise? Find other openers if possible including spells stuns (notably Chaos FB).

5) Counter-Hit issues. Some hit-stuns are longer with CH. Find out which, and see if some previously impossible combos become CH-specific.

Claymore 2h R1 seems indefinite. Potential starters off of the WD R1, WR R1, Hop R1, and R2 as all seem to heavily stun. Maybe even kick. 1h has some capability with R1 spam too... seems escapable after 2nd hit however. Unknown.

Murakumo/Gravelord. 2h R1 has some capability. sometimes I'm able to get 2 hits, sometimes 4. 2nd hit might catch roll low-encumbrance roll, but not Grain cartwheels. Gravelord can end everything with unique R2 thrust. Might have other starters.

Zwei. 1h/2h R1 can pull a 2-hit often. Usually 2nd hit catches roll escape... no hit-stun, but you get damage (could be Poise reset issues). Might have other starters.
---
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F
#7JanneDaArc135Posted 10/30/2011 1:31:12 AM
EWGF posted...
It's impossible to confirm this with accuracy without proper (and lengthy) testing. I did all the confirms and tests on the old DS stun-lock list, and that took A LONG time with the help of several other players, and I've been trying to do special RSS sessions, but it's impossible. At some point I will get a session and do a ton of confirms.

It's also 10x more complicated now. Here's an idea of what you'd need to know before you could say you found a combo:

1) What actually combos with 0 poise, and 25% roll. Basic combo check.

2) What actually combos with 0 poise and Wood Grain Roll. Basic combo check for proclivity versus Grain Ring.

3) If a combo is confirmed... how much Poise can ignore the opener's hit-stun?

4) Can other openers be used to alter the required amount of poise? Find other openers if possible including spells stuns (notably Chaos FB).

5) Counter-Hit issues. Some hit-stuns are longer with CH. Find out which, and see if some previously impossible combos become CH-specific.

Claymore 2h R1 seems indefinite. Potential starters off of the WD R1, WR R1, Hop R1, and R2 as all seem to heavily stun. Maybe even kick. 1h has some capability with R1 spam too... seems escapable after 2nd hit however. Unknown.

Murakumo/Gravelord. 2h R1 has some capability. sometimes I'm able to get 2 hits, sometimes 4. 2nd hit might catch roll low-encumbrance roll, but not Grain cartwheels. Gravelord can end everything with unique R2 thrust. Might have other starters.

Zwei. 1h/2h R1 can pull a 2-hit often. Usually 2nd hit catches roll escape... no hit-stun, but you get damage (could be Poise reset issues). Might have other starters.

Very good info. Thanks for the list.
#8MWXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 1:36:16 AM
This is very interesting im going to build on this. Ive had a lot of success with the Washing Pole, but sometimes the ol Zwei users piss me off so I have to lifehunt them, I need something with some guaranteed combo power so im thinking the mura. Even though I can usually pull off 3-4 hits with the w.pole, its usually because people are trying to run away or attack back. thank you sir
---
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
#9pyromancerzoddPosted 10/30/2011 1:44:10 AM
My Greatsword seems to have stunlock capabilities. So i assume that all ultra greatswords have the same stunlock since the stunlock is just R1? I can usually get a 2 or 3 hit combo on all of those NPC Forest Hunters when i go farming before i run out of Stamina.
#10EWGFPosted 10/30/2011 1:44:12 AM
Oh, a Gaxe/BKaxe can combo with 2h R1 stuff it seems. I don't eat it enough to really know, but there is definitely some combo proclivity.

This is by type if you were wondering. Like anything you can do with Clay you can do with a Bastard, or Flameberge, or BKsword, etc. barring different R2s. This is another reason testing combos in this game would take like a team of people. In DS you only had to confirm by type, not by each weapon.
---
Origination Black Phantom
PSN: E-W-G-F