Why can't I use Cracked Red Eye Orbs in human form?

#1jamersPosted 10/30/2011 10:33:36 PM

Joined the Darkwraiths and figred I'd use up my Cracked Red Eye Orbs before buing the infinite-use one, but I can't use them anywhere, even in human form. What gives?

#2AlltraPosted 10/30/2011 10:35:48 PM
From what I understand, you can only use them in a location that you haven't defeated the boss.

Unless I'm mistaken, which I very well may be.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.
#3jamers(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 10:36:50 PM

Ohhh, boy. Bad times. Same story with the infnite-use Red Eye Orb I'm guessing?

#4AlltraPosted 10/30/2011 10:38:30 PM
Honestly, I'm not certain about the Red Soapstone, I don't have one yet.
---
My interpretation of reality is different than yours. Don't destroy my reality, even if you consider it a fantasy.
#5zyrax2301Posted 10/30/2011 10:39:04 PM
No, that's nonsense. Eyes of Death work that way though.

Try doing it when you have some humanity.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6theprettiboyPosted 10/30/2011 10:39:12 PM
I used the Red Eye Orb after beating S & O but it took a couple minutes to find somebody.
---
"Truth is looking at a beautiful woman and saying to yourself, I gotta have that. I gotta break her down." - Det. Nick Ruskin
#7AboveAllFearPosted 10/30/2011 10:39:43 PM

Honestly, I'm not certain about the Red Soapstone, I don't have one yet.

Soapstone is for dueling. You mean the Red Eye Orb? I hope not, or I'm just gonna quit the covenant now.
#8AlltraPosted 10/30/2011 10:41:25 PM
Didn't realize there was a difference. I thought it was a case of people using two different names to describe the same thing, kinda like how Snuggly is referred to as Hawkgirl.
---
#9jamers(Topic Creator)Posted 10/30/2011 10:41:56 PM

I mean the Cracked Red Eye Orbs and then eventually the Red Eye Orb, if they operate the same way. I do have humanity (30) and am in human form as well. Nothin.

#10random_noobiePosted 10/30/2011 10:42:01 PM
iirc, you can only use cracked red eye orbs in locations that aren't blocked. if you notice, you can't place down red soap stone, white soap stone, dragon eye stone, etc., in certain areas. such as, you can't place a dragon eye stone down in firelink or near the bonfire by the blacksmith, but if you walk out, its activated fine again.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays