Accidentally hit the blacksmith near darkroot garden.. now what??

#1mlamhkPosted 11/1/2011 12:12:58 AM
now he won't sell me titanites, and wanna punch me in my face... i ran back to the church to try to request absolution (first time), and it's 100k souls....

what's my options from here :( can i do without the blacksmith (probably not a good idea i guess?) i heard your sin is forgiven if you are invaded and die????

i know i COULD grind the forrest dudes.. but just wondering what other options... a stupid mistake.. and there goes my 30 minutes???

thanks in advance
#2Young_CaesarPosted 11/1/2011 12:14:10 AM
There's 3 other blacksmiths in the game. I do believe, however, that he sells the actual items needed to upgrade/repair things at any bonfire.
---
In the name of JOLLY CO-OPERATION, I praise the Sun!
#3The_BonesPosted 11/1/2011 12:14:31 AM
NG+ should do the trick as well but other than that an absolution theres nothing else you can do unless you want to start over.
#4Lain_CoulbertPosted 11/1/2011 12:15:23 AM
mlamhk posted...
now he won't sell me titanites, and wanna punch me in my face... i ran back to the church to try to request absolution (first time), and it's 100k souls....

what's my options from here :( can i do without the blacksmith (probably not a good idea i guess?) i heard your sin is forgiven if you are invaded and die????

i know i COULD grind the forrest dudes.. but just wondering what other options... a stupid mistake.. and there goes my 30 minutes???

thanks in advance

Pay Oswald in the first bell tower to "absolve sin", that's how you reset NPC aggro.
It's very expensive though at 2000 souls per level.
---
There's something about him.
He's just so, grossly incandescent.
#5mlamhk(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 12:16:52 AM
is it true that your sin is forgiven if you die while being invaded?
#6MurphysGhostPosted 11/1/2011 12:17:04 AM
1) kill the blacksmith and deal with the loss til NG+

2) start over

3) get 100k souls for absolution

Yes, it sucks. Wish it took 2-3 hits to perma-aggro someone. : /
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#7gamewizard11Posted 11/1/2011 12:17:37 AM
You could soul glitch for the souls, then die twice so you can't recover any excess souls if it makes you feel dirty to cheat.
#8FastEddie2121Posted 11/1/2011 12:18:00 AM
I did the exact same thing at the same level. You have to do it if you want him back since he does a lot for upgrading your gear. You can use the other one in the Londo Ruins until you can get some souls. I was pretty ticked off when I saw the 100,000 souls for absolution but it payed off in the long run since it taught me how to scrape up a lot of souls.
#9oasisbeyondPosted 11/1/2011 12:21:13 AM
Help people... You should get 100k in a few hours.
#10HarbrringerrPosted 11/1/2011 12:29:19 AM
Thats kind of a big blacksmith to lose, considering he has the easiest to get large ember. I would suck it up, and grind the souls for absolution. Or if you're close enough to NG+, kill him and get him back later.
---
Yes, it would crush human occupants. I'm sure the Zerg, who have mastered travelling through space wearing nothing, can dig up. - CrazyLarkin