Undead Parish Prisoner

#1SturmTempestPosted 11/1/2011 6:03:47 AM
Hey guys, I was playing around in Undead Parish unaware of the fact that there is a prisoner with a nice ring on the top floor behind the breakable door. I was actually in the Undead Parish and summoned people to help me with the Bell Gargoyle boss. Now, NO ONE killed him and I've never encountered him before but when I went upstairs there was no one in the cell and no prompt for me to insert a key or anything of the sort. Is it because I summoned people into my game that already killed him? Or am I missing something here?

Thanks.
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#2lakerspsg4Posted 11/1/2011 6:04:43 AM
If you beat the boss already, he just freed himself most likely.
---
Spit so many verses sometimes my jaw twitches
One thing this party could use is more...*ahem* booze
#3JacknicklsonPosted 11/1/2011 6:04:54 AM
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/knight-lautrec-of-carim
---
\o/
.||
#4shadowsofdawnPosted 11/1/2011 6:05:38 AM
He goes to Firelink if you don't free him before killing the gargoyles. He is one the lower level near the firekeeper.
---
\o/ JOLLY CO-OPERATION
.||
#5SturmTempest(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 6:05:52 AM
Ah crap, so I guess that means I'm never gonna get the ring unless I do NG+? Or will I find him later in the game? By the way, was it better that he escaped instead of me killing him or what?
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#6SturmTempest(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 6:07:19 AM
He goes to Firelink if you don't free him before killing the gargoyles. He is one the lower level near the firekeeper.

OH, is that the new guy I saw down there? He's kinda wearing Gold Armor and he's just chilling and dosen't really say much when he talks, etc.?

If so, should I kill him or will he be valuable to me later?
---
THEN DROP THAT SCIENCE
#7JacknicklsonPosted 11/1/2011 6:08:30 AM
Did you even look at what I posted, it has all your questions answered

:)
---
\o/
.||
#8RAYClovisPosted 11/1/2011 6:08:39 AM
Depends on whether you want his armour or not. If you don't. Murder him all you want. If you do, expect to spend sometime without the Firelink bonfire.
---
~†Sinistral of Death†~
~†Fanaticism Tamed†~
#9oogarasuPosted 11/1/2011 6:09:19 AM
SturmTempest posted...

OH, is that the new guy I saw down there? He's kinda wearing Gold Armor and he's just chilling and dosen't really say much when he talks, etc.?

If so, should I kill him or will he be valuable to me later?

Do you care about spoilers?

You can get his ring by killing him or waiting till later in the story.