Where to farm for titanite shards?

#1KC_CheeseKingPosted 11/1/2011 9:58:35 PM
Where is a good place to farm for titanite shards if you haven't gotten past undead parish yet? I need some to upgrade my gear.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.
#2-ICON-Posted 11/1/2011 9:59:51 PM
Not sure where to farm. I just bought them from the blacksmith in undead parish.
#3KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 10:02:15 PM
Yeah I have been doing that but I really need my souls to level up.
---
Please assume that any posts I make are referring to single-player unless I say otherwise. I couldn't possibly give less of a **** about multi-player or co-op.
#4The moonlight knightPosted 11/1/2011 10:02:18 PM
The 3 balder knights with red capes in the church where you got the firekeeper soul. If you go from the bonfire above the blacksmith in the old church, you can walk up to them with their backs to you.

They occasionally drop titanite shards. The 3 hollow soldiers you'll run by on the way also, IIRC, have a pretty rare chance of dropping shards.

Neither is very optimal for farming, but it's the best for where you're at.

On the bright side, if you farm the balder knights, they have a wealth of drops, some of them quite good, including a pretty good shield, a rapier, and the nifty balder side sword, as well as each piece of their armor.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#5estebumPosted 11/1/2011 10:02:28 PM
kill all the balder knights & hollow soldiers around the area.. they drop them sometimes, and you can use the souls to buy them
---
yarp.
#6Kamma999Posted 11/1/2011 10:03:29 PM
KC_CheeseKing posted...
Where is a good place to farm for titanite shards if you haven't gotten past undead parish yet? I need some to upgrade my gear.

don't waste your time farming, use the dragon head souls glitch and buy 99 of whatever you want from the blacksmith
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 11/1/2011 10:08:58 PM(edited)
Seriously until you get to Sen's Fortress farming those things is a waste of time. You will farm more than enough souls to buy them at 800 each easily before you get enough to drop off the enemies around there. I have 30 Humanity and the Serpent Ring and I kill those knights every time I run through there. NEver do I get a shard from them. In Sen's there are 3 knights that you can circle and get them constantly. Still easier to buy them. Way easier.

---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#8KC_CheeseKing(Topic Creator)Posted 11/1/2011 10:09:00 PM
Ok. Thanks guys.
---
#9Chrisb64Posted 11/1/2011 10:09:18 PM
I know you said before you get past the Parish, but just so you know, the best place I have found is the poison bog in Blighttown. Go to the far left side (in relation to the bonfire in the drainage tunnel or whatever it is) and kill all the leeches. They drop sets of 5 green shards, which you can breakdown with the serpent into 25 regular shards. You don't even need poison protection, because the 5 flasks you get are more than enough to out heal the poison, assuming you have the ring that lets you run in swamps. They also drop large titanite shards, but not as frequently. If you have the Master Key, you can get there really early, but you obviously can't break them down yet.

Just fyi, since I don't see this farming spot mentioned often, and it is relatively early in the game.
---
Currently hunting for a decent sig.
#10The moonlight knightPosted 11/1/2011 10:09:57 PM
The best place to farm titanite shards is in blighttown, but only once you've rang both bells.

You will get the ability to break down titanite into smaller pieces. There's an enemy in Blighttown to farm, that sometimes drops 5 green titanite shards. Each of those can be broken down into five titanite shards, meaning when you get a 5 green titanite drop, it's equivalent to 25 normal titanite shards dropping.

Nothing in the game can beat that kind of efficiency for regular shards. Except buying them, but frankly I don't like buying them.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)