Tips for a Guts build?

#1SkopolaminPosted 11/3/2011 6:51:48 PM(edited)
I've beaten the game a couple of times, and as a break from running all these NG+[...]+, hoping I get the items I need for my platinum, I've decided to do a Guts build just to fool around a bit.

Currently I'm SL 25, and just rang the 2nd bell. I'm running around with a Black Knight Sword +5, Fire Orb (arm cannon) and a crossbow. My current armor is a Balder armor, with Black Leather gloves and boots. My current stats are:

Vit 18
Att 10
End 16
Str 16
Dex 18
Res 11
Int 9
Faith 9

I just want to get some other peoples thought on how I should advance my character.

Stat wise, should I just pump Vit/End then Str? Maybe one more att slot for power within?
What armor would look the best(Black Knight is so far down the line)?
And what swords are actually "legal" to use? Does it have to be the DGS?

I'm really enjoying it thus far, and any help would be appreciated!
---
Oh and the perfect amount of mf to have on is around 450. Otherwize, anything lower or higher isn't the best to have - Tuac
#2Metatron_lordPosted 11/3/2011 6:53:11 PM
Man you've inspired me to make a Griffith build now lol. The Black Knight Sword seems like something he would use, what about the greatsword? It has the umph factor to tear someone in half.

Also the best MF is around 365 or so if I'm not mistaken.
#3Skopolamin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2011 7:03:43 PM
Apart from the BK in the tower after the hellkite dragon (drake?), are there any more Greatsword users about apart from in the Kiln? Having bad luck with the drops so until my strength is 34 (2-handing DGS), or I get there I'll stick with the regular BKS.

This is the first concept character I've ever made in DeS or DaS. I would recommend it to anyone. It can be challenging, but not overly frustrating, and the risk-reward is even greater.
---
Oh and the perfect amount of mf to have on is around 450. Otherwize, anything lower or higher isn't the best to have - Tuac
#4DuneManPosted 11/3/2011 7:05:20 PM
Metatron_lord posted...
Man you've inspired me to make a Griffith build now lol. The Black Knight Sword seems like something he would use, what about the greatsword? It has the umph factor to tear someone in half.

If it was human Griffith that waif would likely be using Ricard's Rapier.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#5SGRMPosted 11/3/2011 7:11:22 PM
Is this reference to the Anime/Manga "Berserk?"
---
Plague victims can have their medication mailed to their homes at no additional cost.
#6DitzKriegPosted 11/3/2011 7:13:36 PM
A General Unified Theory build? Sounds dumb.
#7Dragonfist17Posted 11/3/2011 7:14:58 PM
If you read the manga Guts actually ends up wearing a set of armor that looks a lot like Ornstien's or the thorn armor (very spiky, though Guts' armor is black) actually you might even try some of the dark wraith armor. You really need the Dragon Bone Smasher from Demon's Souls, but since that isn't an option I would go with pretty much any kind of greatsword or the zweihander.

You could get a ton of STR and use a +15 Demon Great Machette as well. I would make the crossbow fire because it has no stat scaling anyways. This would be hard to play because obviously your not allowed to have a shield... Good luck!
#8U1gitaroomanPosted 11/3/2011 7:15:26 PM
Yeah. He means "Gatts"

:3 *Flees from topic*
---
It could be anything.
Because clearly this is the board for orange soda and five dollar foot longs. What on earth did you think he meant, if not the game?
#9Skopolamin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2011 7:28:28 PM
runningmonkey posted...
Is this reference to the Anime/Manga "Berserk?"

It is indeed!

Dragonfist17 posted...
If you read the manga Guts actually ends up wearing a set of armor that looks a lot like Ornstien's or the thorn armor (very spiky, though Guts' armor is black) actually you might even try some of the dark wraith armor.

I was thinking the Black Knight set, although it isn't nearly as spikey as it should be, atleast it's dark. I'll have to compare once I get them all.

This would be hard to play because obviously your not allowed to have a shield... Good luck!

The fact of not having a shield equipped makes me forget that you actually are able to block even though not all of the damage. Forgetting that has made me die a couple of humiliating deaths already lol.

Thanks a lot for the input everyone! Really appreciate it. It's 4:30 am here, so time to bump it up once more and go to sleep.
---
#10ShimmerManPosted 11/3/2011 7:28:57 PM

Dragon greatsword, Avelyn, blackiron armor and loads of str/end/vit with some dex and use no spells.