Horribly stuck at Ornstein and Smough, some quick questions *SPOILERS* I guess.

#1ShadowQueenPosted 11/8/2011 8:59:03 PM
1.) How do you summon 2 white phantoms? The only O&S fights I've seen that are successful are when three of us take them on.

2.) It seems the White Summon signs for other players have like a 50% chance of failing, but I heard you can summon Solaire for this fight. Where's his sign?

I've been fighting them for HOURS, literally. Even going solo, I can take Smough down quick enough, but Super Ornstein kills me eventually. I have a Lighting Uchi, so it's so frustrating that he's so lightning-resistant. His Lightning butt-slam and Impalement the giant spear are the two moves that always get me, the "tells" for those moves are fairly subtle. Or I go to backflip from his lighting slam, and find I'm against a pole or a wall.

I can't seem to kill Ornstein first when I solo, he takes sooo long to whittle down, and Smough with the constant hammer...

I'm almost physically sick over this. I feel like I should just give it up for my own health.
---
Kal Ort Por
#2Arch Angel 13Posted 11/8/2011 9:02:01 PM
I'm stuck at them, too. I can solo until there's one of them, but I usually end up dying to chip damage. I'm also completely out of humanity, so I can't even kindle a bonfire to help me.
---
Pad Warrior for life!
PSN: Celestia1313 MvC3: Zero/Wesker/Dante || Ammy/Wesker/Dante
#3WhiteHawk1532Posted 11/8/2011 9:03:30 PM
What SL are you?
---
~White
#4ShadowQueen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 9:04:30 PM
I'm 49.
---
Kal Ort Por
#5jediblasterPosted 11/8/2011 9:05:11 PM
ShadowQueen posted...
1.) How do you summon 2 white phantoms? The only O&S fights I've seen that are successful are when three of us take them on.

2.) It seems the White Summon signs for other players have like a 50% chance of failing, but I heard you can summon Solaire for this fight. Where's his sign?

I've been fighting them for HOURS, literally. Even going solo, I can take Smough down quick enough, but Super Ornstein kills me eventually. I have a Lighting Uchi, so it's so frustrating that he's so lightning-resistant. His Lightning butt-slam and Impalement the giant spear are the two moves that always get me, the "tells" for those moves are fairly subtle. Or I go to backflip from his lighting slam, and find I'm against a pole or a wall.

I can't seem to kill Ornstein first when I solo, he takes sooo long to whittle down, and Smough with the constant hammer...

I'm almost physically sick over this. I feel like I should just give it up for my own health.

I found them very tough on NG+, but here is what I did.

I summoned solaire and he took the attention of Smough for a bit while I went at ornstein. My objective was to kill Super o LAST TO GET HIS ARMOR. Well, that didn't go so well so I ended up having to finish off smough myself. Now Super 0 is on the prowl. I whittled down his health and then got desparate as I only had one remaining flask. I two handed and stayed between his legs. The only thing that can get you there is his spear grab which you can roll out of harms way. Two handing there took him down. Wasn't easy, but it worked.

In your first play through, they are not as tough though.
#6ShadowQueen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 9:06:56 PM
Where's Solaire's sign though?
---
Kal Ort Por
#7Dr_culaPosted 11/8/2011 9:13:41 PM
ShadowQueen posted...
Where's Solaire's sign though?

near the archer or was he on the other side of the step...
i saw this on youtube.
---
http://fanelia.co.nr/
#8c_corvusPosted 11/8/2011 9:13:49 PM
You should be able to receive a lot of help. Turn human and look for white messages on the floor. These are summon signs. There are also golden colored signs like Solaire that you could summon (these differentiate from messages being one line rather than three).

Solaire's summon sign is found on the descending stairs leading to the boss gate. I forget which side.

People usually place their sign on the bridge leading to the gate, in the room with the second bonfire, or right by the gate to the boss.

I have a SL42 character that I can help you with the fight if you see my summon sign.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0303-9474-2412
Pokemon Black FC: 1807-3507-2248
#9ShadowQueen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2011 9:16:05 PM
I know how to summon other players, I'm just wondering if there's something special you have to do to summon two players at once? Everytime I summon someone (the few times it doesn't fail), all other summon signs disappear.
---
Kal Ort Por
#10darthwonkaPosted 11/8/2011 9:18:12 PM
That's just a coincidence then. If you are in the middle of summoning someone, the other summon signs will grey out for a bit, but once the network part is done they can be used again. They don't disappear unless you summon a second person, or someone else uses them before you.
---
PSN: Darwock