Dragonslayer Spear build.

#1SolKarellenPosted 11/23/2011 10:05:57 PM
Who is doing this now for the unique factor and with the improved scaling now?
---
"If the quest to find your lost love means getting the wind to carry you over the sea... Then that's what it takes."
#2SolKarellen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2011 10:17:24 PM
Sunbro bump.
---
"If the quest to find your lost love means getting the wind to carry you over the sea... Then that's what it takes."
#3Meister_kaiPosted 11/23/2011 10:21:29 PM
I played a guy named Wraithwyrm who was pretty handy with the thing. Had full Ornstein's to boot.

Tip: spam the WR r1 attack, it's the best move you have by a mile.
---
COD1/2, CnC, PSN - Meister_Kai
Ich bin auslaender und sprechen nicht gut deutsch
#4Kiyosuki_Mk2Posted 11/24/2011 1:16:05 AM(edited)
I made an Ornstein build myself with 24 Str, 30 Dex, and 40 Faith. It's not bad actually. Physical of 142+131, and Lightning of 97+82. I mean...I do still wish the weapon did a tiny bit more damage but if you build the stats around its scalings like that it gets you out some pretty good damage, and the thing is really, really, really long which is a pretty decent advantage. Now that Fog Ring can be locked onto now it must be pretty annoying to fight against. Does damage about on par with the other spears, maybe a little better. I won't say it's the best weapon in the game because of course it's not, but it's pretty fun.

The only thing is making a build around the Dragonslayer sort of requires pretty decent stat-age, so it's kind of meant to be a 120-130 build in my opinion, maybe 100 at the least. Not really meant for lower level stuff, doesn't have the stats to bulk it up. The build itself I'm finding pretty useful overall for other stuff as well when I'm not pretending to be the Dragonslayer. lol I keep Ricard's Rapier as a standby weapon and plan on taking it to +15 and getting enough ears to get Darkmoon Blade to enchant it.