Faith vs INT?

#1thestickerPosted 11/24/2011 2:48:12 PM
I've had a great time with an INT build, thinking of starting a new character and going for faith. Is a faith build viable?
#2BurningLancePosted 11/24/2011 2:54:01 PM
faith is very nice too

less offensive than int but its still nice and you can use heal miracles and if you are a princess guardian then you can heal everyone in the team.
---
Playing MH3 Name: Lance ....Online ID: 3VGZZU ... HR:52+
PSN: BurningLance_2 ..... Wii FC: 1295 4365 4027 2152
#3unclebilly14Posted 11/24/2011 3:04:42 PM
Faith gives you access to the ultimate pvp weapon,WoG.If you use it well you will crush most people with it.
#4everyglenn17Posted 11/24/2011 3:16:18 PM
everyglenn17 posted...
I'm all for making the game harder, but can't help but dislike the balance between faith/int builds.

1. Faith weapon buffs> int weapon buffs.
2. Faith mag def> int mag def (even w/o dusk crown)
3. Faith def spells > int def spells
4. Faith off spells are now > int off spells too almost. WoG is > pvp, with the soul mass nerf faith is probably better pve too.

I would still probably prefer to play an int caster just because thats what I like, but some balance would be nice. I'm not saying make soul mass ohko, but throw a Mage a bone at least.

Faith is probably better than int in the long run.
#5Dagoods8426Posted 11/24/2011 3:20:05 PM
everyglenn17 posted...
everyglenn17 posted...
I'm all for making the game harder, but can't help but dislike the balance between faith/int builds.

1. Faith weapon buffs> int weapon buffs.
2. Faith mag def> int mag def (even w/o dusk crown)
3. Faith def spells > int def spells
4. Faith off spells are now > int off spells too almost. WoG is > pvp, with the soul mass nerf faith is probably better pve too.

I would still probably prefer to play an int caster just because thats what I like, but some balance would be nice. I'm not saying make soul mass ohko, but throw a Mage a bone at least.

Faith is probably better than int in the long run.

Int has more damage increasing gear and rings than Faith.

Faith Buffs are more damaging than Int buffs but we are limited because we only have 1 use of it. While CMW has 3.
Also you can use the Lingering Dragoncrest Ring to lengthen the time of CMW while you can't do that with Faith Buffs.

Theres also a lot of Int Weapons than Faith weapons.
#6squidward25Posted 11/24/2011 3:27:22 PM
Faith is better overall but there are some really good INT exlcusive weapons such as the moonlight sword which looks so cool I'm going to make a new INT build just to use it. Faith doesn't really have much in the way of unique weapons they both suck azz and theres not much reason to not go faith/ dex hybrid but theres is quite a few good reasons to go pure int.
#7prankTPosted 11/24/2011 3:41:54 PM
I think INT has more variety, especially because CMW has multiple casts freeing up attunement slots for other fun spells. For my faith character I use 1 for Darkmoon Blade, 2 for Sunlight Blade, and 2 for Wrath of God.
#8Dagoods8426Posted 11/24/2011 3:43:48 PM
Yeas my thoughts exactly. Faith builds have about only 5 useful spells for PvP.
Vow of Silence, Wog, Sunlight blade, Darkmoon Blade, Great Magic Barrier,
#9thesticker(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 4:06:58 PM
Wrath of God is lame though, I'm not soft enough as a person to allow myself to use that. If you use Wrath of God you're a joke, and it's time to go back to Call of Duty. I guess I'm not going to worry about a Faith build anytime soon.
#10prankTPosted 11/24/2011 4:27:57 PM
Wrath of God is great when invading multiple people and keeping someone off your back. When dueling it's good for maybe 1 solid hit against anyone decent since it can be rolled through or spotted from a distance. Most people who cry about it don't bother to learn how to avoid it. Same argument can be made against any weapon, spell, or miracle. "I'm too stupid to fight against it, so it's lame."