Let's make a list of good items that can be found early game MINOR SPOILERS

#1Burst_StreamPosted 12/3/2011 6:26:33 AM
I'm compiling a list of good items you can find early in the game. I have some good finds (usually by suicide run) and I'd also like to share my list and expand it. So if you guys have any good items you can get very early on then post it here. Master Key is required to get to these parts early on.

Firelink - In the graveyard, by falling through where the elevator is supposed to be you'll find an area with 4 chests which have Morning Star, Cracked Red Eye Orb, Homeward Bone, and something else I can't remember. And by going further down you'll reach the graveyard with the skeletons that massacre you. Run around and pillage all the bodies you can there before meeting your inevitable death via the skeletons. I'm not sure if I got all of them but the items you find include the Zweihander, Winged Spear, Binoculars, a Shield, and some other stuff. Nevertheless, good equipment early on.

New Londo - Going down past the Crestfallen Warrior and the firekeeper and riding the elevator to New Londo you can get an Early Blacksmith by going to the hollowed dude that's lying down looking to the left you'll find a set of stairs that will eventually lead you to the Blacksmith. You can also get an Estoc by progressing through and 2 Transient Curses. Going to the area where the ghosts spawn, and going east then south you'll find a narrow walkway leading to a Firekeeper Soul.

Blighttown - Going to New Londo and heading Right into another building and following a set of stairs and the bridge you'll find an entrance with the 3 big dudes. Run past them and you'll enter Blighttown. Keep heading down and eventually you'll find The Crimson Sorcerer Set and a Firekeeper Soul. WARNING: This may cause Lautrec to kill Anastacia this early on and that won't be any good. If you manage to survive you can go down the waterwheel and gimp some more items.

Valley of Drakes - Instead of entering Blighttown head left and go past the bridge and you'll get to a sleeping undead dragon. Once you pillage a body the dragon will wake up so it might take more than 1 try to get all 3 items there. After that run past the Undead Dragon and you'll meet a Drake, avoid it to meet more Drakes. On the bridge you can get the Brigand Set and the Spider Shield. Then run past the 3 Drakes and go up the ladder to get Red Stoneplate Ring.

Darkroot Garden shortcut - Going back to where you were in Valley of Drakes except instead of going to the bridge you should head right into the elevator. Ride the elevator and get to the bonfire. Head out and you should be prepared cause a Black Knight will be waiting for you at the right. Go to the body and pillage and you'll get the Grasscrest Shield. Avoid the Black Knight and keep running up. Until you reach Darkroot Garden. Then head for where the Left Side into Undead Parish running past all the Ents and the Titanite Demon to reach Blacksmith Andre and the Bonfire. Head back into Darkroot Garden and keep running avoiding all the Ents you'll eventually reach a Fog Door go through. Go right and up in the trees to get the Elite Knight set. Then if you somehow survive you either head back, or go right and you'll find a path that leads to a chest with Partizan. Also, in Undead Parish you can run past the Tower Knight and activate the elevator to Firelink for an early shortcut between Firelink and Undead Parish. You can also get a Firekeeper Soul at the Altar where the Tower Knight is.

All of this without even fighting the Taurus Demon. If you guys have some more good finds then please do post it.
---
|PSN: TekkenSushiEXE, SushiOverLord | Don't let'em fool you KFC = Kentucky Fried Chocobo |
"Go Blow yourself!" ~ Nero, DMC4 |
#2Chriss_Q80Posted 12/3/2011 6:28:16 AM
Havel ring and drake sword.

Your good to go :)
---
Everybody wants to go to heaven; but nobody wants to die. Peter Tosh
#3Burst_Stream(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2011 6:32:25 AM
^ yeah you can also get Drake Sword/Havel Ring without fighting the Taurus. But you have to go to Undead Burg and remember when you enter the bridge a dragon will step in and fly away. After this go back to Undead Parish and backtrack to the Dragon Bridge. This also allows you to quickly open up shortcut between Undead Burg and Parish.

Havel Ring sort of depends. If you're a new player you probably can't beat Havel yet. Though I did do just that by naked rolling + Backstab.
---
|PSN: TekkenSushiEXE, SushiOverLord | Don't let'em fool you KFC = Kentucky Fried Chocobo |
"Go Blow yourself!" ~ Nero, DMC4 |
#4kingknottsPosted 12/3/2011 7:01:25 AM
Burst_Stream posted...
^ yeah you can also get Drake Sword/Havel Ring without fighting the Taurus. But you have to go to Undead Burg and remember when you enter the bridge a dragon will step in and fly away. After this go back to Undead Parish and backtrack to the Dragon Bridge. This also allows you to quickly open up shortcut between Undead Burg and Parish.

Havel Ring sort of depends. If you're a new player you probably can't beat Havel yet. Though I did do just that by naked rolling + Backstab.

.... be a mage he dies while you walk .... or a thief .... or .... wanderer
#5DX1900Posted 12/3/2011 7:16:18 AM
Gravelord Sword- As SOON as you arrive in Firelink Shrine from the Undead Asylum, head to the graveyard and run past all of the skeletons, make your way into the Catacombs and quickly kill the necromancer (its okay if the skeletons chasing you corner you in that room and you die, but at least try to push the switch and/or rest at the bonfire).

Once you do both of those things, you're going to have to make a mad dash to the coffin. The best way to do this is run outside from the bonfire room, and go outside to where you can see the waterfall in the distance along with 3 skeletons in your way. Its tricky to do, but you need to run past those skeletons, and fall onto the small platform directly below you when you're standing next to that mini-bridge that leads inside (where the second necromancer is).

Once you're there, there might be a floating head ready to explode so you need to quickly move out of the way and get inside. Once you're this far, you're home free. Just run behind the Titanite Demon, grab the Eyes of Death, and jump in the coffin. You only need 16 strength to 2 hand it, so it shouldn't be a problem at the beginning of the game. All you need to do now is kill all the Titanite Demons you encounter (the one you just ran past, the one near Andre, the ones in Sen's Fortress to name a few that are close). This makes the game up to and possibly after Ornstein and Smough EASY mode. I've done it and I've never had an easier time with the game.

And to think some people complained about the Drake Sword making the game too easy... This thing actually SCALES (abeit not by much, but hey its something). I was doing about 400 damage when I got to Sen's Fortress. The fact that you can get it even sooner than the Drake Sword, along with the same STR requirements makes it even more ridiculous.
#6darkfox32Posted 12/3/2011 7:44:28 AM
Lol I just cheesed Havel at SL 5. Just run up the stairs and then roll off right before he attacks you. Repeat 10-15 times and you have Havel's Ring. :)
#7CaoSlayerPosted 12/3/2011 8:12:50 AM
Killing havel is not too hard with a two handed spear or winged one.
---
Caoslayer, butchering english language since 6/9/2001
#8parkurtommoPosted 12/3/2011 8:17:31 AM

war axe, 3 gold pine resin in the master key/residence key house, black firebombs, halberd, the titanite chunks from the 2 BKs in UndeadP

#9parkurtommoPosted 12/3/2011 8:19:49 AM

DX1900 posted...
Gravelord Sword- As SOON as you arrive in Firelink Shrine from the Undead Asylum, head to the graveyard and run past all of the skeletons, make your way into the Catacombs and quickly kill the necromancer (its okay if the skeletons chasing you corner you in that room and you die, but at least try to push the switch and/or rest at the bonfire).

Once you do both of those things, you're going to have to make a mad dash to the coffin. The best way to do this is run outside from the bonfire room, and go outside to where you can see the waterfall in the distance along with 3 skeletons in your way. Its tricky to do, but you need to run past those skeletons, and fall onto the small platform directly below you when you're standing next to that mini-bridge that leads inside (where the second necromancer is).

Once you're there, there might be a floating head ready to explode so you need to quickly move out of the way and get inside. Once you're this far, you're home free. Just run behind the Titanite Demon, grab the Eyes of Death, and jump in the coffin. You only need 16 strength to 2 hand it, so it shouldn't be a problem at the beginning of the game. All you need to do now is kill all the Titanite Demons you encounter (the one you just ran past, the one near Andre, the ones in Sen's Fortress to name a few that are close). This makes the game up to and possibly after Ornstein and Smough EASY mode. I've done it and I've never had an easier time with the game.

And to think some people complained about the Drake Sword making the game too easy... This thing actually SCALES (abeit not by much, but hey its something). I was doing about 400 damage when I got to Sen's Fortress. The fact that you can get it even sooner than the Drake Sword, along with the same STR requirements makes it even more ridiculous.

But it takes skill to find the gravelord sword, the drake sword however... just shoot the f***ing tale and bam, first playthrough=easy

#10-Damien-Posted 12/3/2011 8:21:06 AM
Uchi from merchant in undead burg