Are firebombs a cheap way to beat invaders?

#1KineticalPosted 12/12/2011 11:41:55 AM
Started a new game because I accidently attacked one of the blacksmiths and didn't know he could forgive me blah blah blah killed him.

Anyway, no more than an 30 minutes into my new game and I get invaded twice.

First time by a small little player with a katana, then next by some big magic type of player who could drain my shield power then throw lighting balls at me.

Either way, I won. Fire bombed them both because all I had was a morning star. But I'm sure this tactic is frowned upon?
---
PSN: Orlious
#2GreenKemistPosted 12/12/2011 11:45:23 AM
Frowned upon? Hah! If anything I imagine you're a hero to many of the low level grief'ed! Strong work and keep hucking firebombs!
---
"Most scientists don't choose to be, they have to be."
Rockstar in theory, chemist in reality...
#3hokieneerPosted 12/12/2011 11:47:37 AM
The way I see it, outside of "regulated" duels in Kiln, nothing is frowned upon when trying to protect yourself and game from invaders. ESP if those invaders are low-level griefers.
#4DemonhonorPosted 12/12/2011 11:47:41 AM
At low levels do whatever it takes to protect yourself. Your best defence is learning about pvp and getting a hold of a decent weapon.
#5Kinetical(Topic Creator)Posted 12/12/2011 11:49:26 AM
I say frowned upon because some could see it as being chicken, Besides, isn't being invaded random?

Like you don't get to choose who you invade, so its a risk to invade in the first place?
---
PSN: Orlious
#6bluefunkyPosted 12/12/2011 11:50:08 AM

Awesome.  I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

#7SamoDaJerbalPosted 12/12/2011 11:50:14 AM
nope. darkwraith = anything goes. and they're probably using ridiculous lightning weapons anyway.

dung is pretty useful against griefers too.
---
PSN: PowerBeard
Don't give up, Don't give in... Without a beard you will never win.
#8sirch98Posted 12/12/2011 11:57:34 AM
SamoDaJerbal posted...
nope. darkwraith = anything goes. and they're probably using ridiculous lightning weapons anyway.

dung is pretty useful against griefers too.

tee-hee, he said dung...

Yeah I'm a darkwraith, but I hate it when I get a lower level or someone who doesn't know how to pvp ie. holding shield up with lock on or jump attacking in a narrow hallway..
---
I love how your first instinct isn't to try talking to him again, but to come whine on gamefaqs.-Caliburn1989
#9DemonhonorPosted 12/12/2011 12:03:17 PM
bluefunky posted...
Awesome. I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

See how far throwing fire bombs takes you at 107.
#10bluefunkyPosted 12/12/2011 12:05:44 PM

Demonhonor posted...
bluefunky posted...
Awesome. I'm level 107 but I still lose nearly every invasion, either way, so imma buy a truck load of bombs!

See how far throwing fire bombs takes you at 107.

Nothing else is working for me against backstabbers, lolgangbangers and twinks!  I'll try anything once.  I tend to keep away from invasions these days if I can.  The people who have managed to massage their stats and equipment have ruined it.