Dual Wielding actually works

#1DruchiiAssassinPosted 12/19/2011 4:31:04 PM
Started a new character a few days a go to focus purely on dual wielding.

Currently I have an Estoc in my left hand and the Gravelord Sword in my right and I have to say I'm having an absolute blast. I've also noticed that when I slash with the Gravelord Sword and then hit with the Estoc it 'cancels' the Gravelord swing.

Eventually I'll be upgrading the Estoc to lightning and I'm going to try and replace with the Notched Whip for a bit just to see what it's like (got a feeling it might be a bit to slow)

Anyone else with any dual wielding success stories?
#2DemiNoisesPosted 12/19/2011 4:32:08 PM
I dual wield all the katanas.
---
PSN: Eternal_Stryfe, XxNARWHALxX
#3Parsl5kPosted 12/19/2011 4:32:08 PM
Balder side sword in the left hand. Recovery is ridiculously short.
#4Taskmaster07Posted 12/19/2011 4:32:55 PM
I've seen a Dual-Wield Murakumo. We had a pretty good fight, as the guy knew how to play a lot, but in the end, I've won. But I think it's a very good-looking playstyle, but not so sure about it's usefulness.
---
Psn: Pijack_BR
Dark Souls FTW!! My build: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/61381506
#5Viking_MudcrapPosted 12/19/2011 4:33:57 PM
Fire Claw + 10 om Left
Lighting Claw + 5 on right.

It's a lot like a gimmick. It works better with shield on left and both claws on right switching depending on the opponents resistance.
---
http://i.imgur.com/mmXhp.jpg
#6McJephPosted 12/19/2011 4:34:40 PM
Dual bandit knives.

BWAH!
#7QuelaagFanPosted 12/19/2011 4:36:35 PM
I was PVPing aginst a dual weilding Great Scyther, he came so close to killing me it was a good fight
#8kingknottsPosted 12/19/2011 4:42:23 PM
my friend DWs gravelord swords ( traded from his friends account )... I like duel moonlight .... and any special weps ... I seen someone using 2 snough hammers and died laughing ( I couldn't stop laughing and fell )
#9DruchiiAssassin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 4:42:27 PM
I think it's great to be honest, no longer is dual wielding just a novelty and the great thrghfhing is in PvP you get guys who just charge you thinking you're just some poor fool gimping himself.

How very wrong they have been.

Plus, I refuse to wear heavy armour. It just adds to the badassery.
#10DemiNoisesPosted 12/19/2011 4:44:30 PM
DruchiiAssassin posted...
I think it's great to be honest, no longer is dual wielding just a novelty and the great thrghfhing is in PvP you get guys who just charge you thinking you're just some poor fool gimping himself.

How very wrong they have been.

Plus, I refuse to wear heavy armour. It just adds to the badassery.

Dual wielding was never a novelty in Demon's Souls ._.

Unless it was something stupid like dual catalysts or dual talismans.
---
PSN: Eternal_Stryfe, XxNARWHALxX