friend can't see my summon sign?

#1devilman108Posted 12/23/2011 11:16:02 PM
My friend has been having problems with one part and asked for my help. So while on Skype we coordinated ourselves to be standing in the exact same area. I throw down my Summon Sign and he tells me he sees absolutely nothing. I keep picking it up and throwing it back down: nothing

I tried different areas and still nothing. He hasn't killed that area's boss (he's in between the Minotaur boss at the beginning and the Bell Gargoyle) and he just can't see my signs no matter where I put them.

What's going on?
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111
#2LockeDaemonfirePosted 12/23/2011 11:19:55 PM
It's just lame like that. I've tried to get summoned by someone specific and it can take forever. If you're re-placing the sign, wait like 45 seconds-ish, and keep a watch to keep yourself honest. If you pick up faster than 30 seconds, it might not even show up in any world long enough for a summon.

A better idea might be to have the host place his sign and pick it back up to refresh the signs he sees. I'm not sure how long it takes for summon signs to show up again, but you can try it out, or maybe someone can tell us what the ideal time interval is.
#3KinohkiPosted 12/23/2011 11:20:08 PM
Chances are you guys may be too far apart from each other's levels. Also factions play a part somewhat. If you take 2 sun bros for example, they almost always see each other's signs relatively quickly. Make sure you're within 10 levels of each other or so. It's 10 levels + 10% if I'm understanding it correctly.
#4ReosaurPosted 12/23/2011 11:22:17 PM
The first time might take a little while but only usually like, a minute or two. Make sure you're not human and that your friend IS. (you probably already know that but hey, never hurts to double check!) Then you place your summon sign down and he does too. Leave yours down and tell him to pick his up right after he drops his. Wait like a minute, if he doesn't see your sign, ask him to replace and pick his up again. Me and my friend do this and it works ALL the time.
---
PSN ID: Reosaur
3DS FC: 0087-2409-1663
#5devilman108(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2011 11:22:54 PM
we're both level 19 and the only NPC close to a faction guy is the sun dude that gives you the summon stone.
---
Hotel California is the greatest song there ever was. It will never grow old.
PSN: bigRboy111