Which weapons have the longest reach?

#1BladeKnifePosted 1/6/2012 8:14:45 PM
I know the Pike is one of the longest spears. Is Giant's Halberd the longest polearm?
---
Disclaimer: you must be 16 years or older to have meaningful conversations on the internet.
#2ShariusPosted 1/6/2012 8:16:12 PM
demon's spear and moonlight spear
---
PSN: ShariusTC
#3kuterPosted 1/6/2012 8:18:34 PM
Some people say washing pole, but that's only against a lagger
#4Ryan_SilverFoxPosted 1/6/2012 8:23:09 PM
kuter posted...
Some people say washing pole, but that's only against a lagger

No, the Washing Pole's 1-handed R2 is a pretty long-reaching thrust... I'd say it's almost as good as a spear's normal poke.

As for reach, I'd actually say the Demon's Spear overall... not only is it a spear (which already has good reach), it has a special attack that lets you do a small dash, further extending it's reach.

Obviously, Halberds have long reach as well.
#5The_ShaderPosted 1/6/2012 8:45:37 PM
Demon Spear and Dragonslayer Spear have the same reach, and are probably the weapons with the highest reach in the game.

Giants Halberd has the highest reach of the Hallys, second probably being the Gargoyles Halberd or the Scythe

so the longest reach within their specific weapon types...
Demons Spear or Dragonslayer Spear
Zweihander
Greatsword of Artorias
Estoc
Washing Pole
Reinforced Club
Gargoyles Tail Axe
Giants Halberd
Balder Side Sword
---
Conduit2 FC & Alias: Shader 0218-1153-3165
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" - Happy Mask Salesman
#6GodsPoisonPosted 1/6/2012 9:25:36 PM
^^ You forgot Moonlight Butterfly horn, its equal to Demon Spear in reach, so Dragonslayer Spear Demons Spear and Moonlight Butterfly horn are the weapons with the greatest reach, and lol poor Pike has the description of the melee weapon with the greteast reach.....
#7TMRavenPosted 1/6/2012 9:35:09 PM
For the longest time people have said Dragonslayer has a slightly better reach than Demon's. I disagree. In my experience they both have the same range.

Washing pole's running R1's range is unrivaled if the match is laggy. Too much fast moving models and the game can't keep up with it. You'll get hit from some pretty goofy ranges when you're the one receiving it.

Great Scythe has the most overall coverage I feel. Its R2s anyways.
#8SolidKnightPosted 1/6/2012 9:41:03 PM
Silver Knight Spear is just as long as the other long spears.
#9BladeKnife(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 9:52:35 PM
xiann posted...
Silver Knight Spear is just as long as the other long spears.

Silver Knight is slightly shorter than Demons, but still appears to be longer than the Pike. Man, the Pike's description really is misleading.
---
Disclaimer: you must be 16 years or older to have meaningful conversations on the internet.
#10kdread1Posted 1/6/2012 10:10:57 PM
I think it means it's the longest reaching STANDARD weapon. I just don't think many blacksmiths run around with weapons used by creatures in Anor Londo, nor do i think that they know the Dragonslayer Spear and Moonlight Butterfly Horn even exist.
---
Lost Karma Counter: 6
PSN: kdread1