True Greatsword of Artorias is pretty ridiculous.

#1JukainPosted 1/12/2012 11:45:52 PM
My build:
Soul Level - 150
Vitality - 50
Attunement - 16
Endurance - 40
Strength - 24
Dexterity - 20
Resistance - 12
Intelligence - 20
Faith - 50

It is amazing how staggering my damage output leaps from ANY other weapon that I have (Lightning Spear, Claymore, Black Knight Sword, Raw Zweihander, etc.) compared to True Greatsword of Artorias. It's very not fair, almost making Great Lightning Spear and Sunlight Spear not really worth using. If I'm using the Sunlight Straight Sword with Sunlight Blade buff, it's still not as powerful as True Greatsword of Artorias.

Case in point I really don't understand why more people don't use this weapon.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#2eclipse_exePosted 1/12/2012 11:51:52 PM
Jukain posted...
My build:
Soul Level - 150
Vitality - 50
Attunement - 16
Endurance - 40
Strength - 24
Dexterity - 20
Resistance - 12
Intelligence - 20
Faith - 50

It is amazing how staggering my damage output leaps from ANY other weapon that I have (Lightning Spear, Claymore, Black Knight Sword, Raw Zweihander, etc.) compared to True Greatsword of Artorias. It's very not fair, almost making Great Lightning Spear and Sunlight Spear not really worth using. If I'm using the Sunlight Straight Sword with Sunlight Blade buff, it's still not as powerful as True Greatsword of Artorias.

Case in point I really don't understand why more people don't use this weapon.

you just anwsered your own question. average pvp levels are sadly only 120-140 ( and leaning more to the 120 side) because of this theres really not enough points to make it effective enough.. ( trust me, my current build was made with the cursed version in mind ( only real difference is its all physical damage and the c's in int/faith instead of magic/physical and b's in int/faith. it just doesn't work very well at all. ( still its a fun weapon for new londo at the very least)
---
psn: supersoniccd
Havel's ring needs Nerf'd, not DWGR
#3SoCiaLSTiGMaPosted 1/12/2012 11:56:10 PM
I was basically going to say the same thing. Shave 30 SLs off your build and see how you feel about it.
---
PSN: Xx--vicious--xX
#4GuyIncognito_Posted 1/12/2012 11:58:36 PM
o_O

Is it also better than your drake sword +5?

Nobody uses it because it's garbage.
---
psn: d-guyincognito-b
http://www.youtube.com/superguyincognito
#5C1REXPosted 1/13/2012 12:02:16 AM
I'm not sure but cursed version scales only with STR and DEX. There is a mistake in weapon description.

Despite the "C" rating in Magic and Faith, the Cursed version does not receive any damage bonus from them. You must meet their requirements to wield it effectively, however.
http://darksouls.wikidot.com/greatsword-of-artorias
---
I'm sorry for language mistakes. English is not my native language.
Please, feel free to correct my grammar.
#6Drak_the_ShadowPosted 1/13/2012 12:04:43 AM
I prefer my Occult Claymore +5 with 55 faith. The R1 moveset is the same (iirc) but Claymore just has a better R2 set for pvp.
The only other weapon that I've prefered over my claymore was a Demon Greataxe +15 with Sunlight Blade, skyrocketting over 1100 damage base. Unfortunately it's potential is limited to the amount of Sunlight Blade miracles you have.
---
Children: You spend the first two years of their lives teaching them to walk and talk, then spend the next sixteen years telling them to sit down and shut up.
#7Jukain(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2012 12:09:35 AM
I don't do PVP, so I'm not too concerned about that. But I could shave 10 off Vitality and be 140 which wouldn't be too bad.

I don't have Drake Sword, so I don't have it for a comparison. And I don't think True Greatsword of Artorias is garbage. At all. o_O

The True Greatsword of Artorias certainly does scale with Faith, so it benefits from the 50 Faith I have for Sunlight Spear.

Another thing I forgot to mention and I'm not sure why it does this but also if I'm using the Crystal Ring Shield's special attack while using True Greatsword of Artorias it does a little over 1000 damage but with any other weapon it only does a little above 200 damage.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#8BlueMoonDragon1Posted 1/13/2012 12:22:37 AM
Jukain posted...
I don't do PVP, so I'm not too concerned about that. But I could shave 10 off Vitality and be 140 which wouldn't be too bad.

I don't have Drake Sword, so I don't have it for a comparison. And I don't think True Greatsword of Artorias is garbage. At all. o_O

The True Greatsword of Artorias certainly does scale with Faith, so it benefits from the 50 Faith I have for Sunlight Spear.

Another thing I forgot to mention and I'm not sure why it does this but also if I'm using the Crystal Ring Shield's special attack while using True Greatsword of Artorias it does a little over 1000 damage but with any other weapon it only does a little above 200 damage.

-_-;
---
Of all the things I lost
I miss my mind the most
#9C1REXPosted 1/13/2012 12:44:32 AM
After patch the shield does silly damage no matter what weapon you hold on right hand.

Cursed Sword of Artorias does more damage almost all the time apart of BS and riposte and needs only DEX and STR.
Moonlight Sword does just a little bit less but is way faster and needs only high INT to be amazing.

Tested on char with all stats at 50.
---
I'm sorry for language mistakes. English is not my native language.
Please, feel free to correct my grammar.