how do i get to sun alter?

#1DemonsSoulsPosted 1/14/2012 3:23:12 AM
sorry for noob question, but what can say!!! so do i just have to hope to get lucky an do a run across the bridge an hope drake/dragon dont flame my ass or is there another way?

thanks,
me
---
''[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/kittykatt13][IMG]''
#2Sailor_RazorPosted 1/14/2012 3:36:44 AM
Goad the Hellkite into dropping down to the bridge, scream like a twelve year old girl, and run like hell.
#3DemonsSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2012 3:41:52 AM
ah, guess its bye-bye to all my souls/humanities
---
''[URL=http://www.ps3trophies.com/profile/kittykatt13][IMG]''
#4PedanticOmbudsmanPosted 1/14/2012 4:30:07 AM
Go down the stairs near the middle of the bridge. There's a path that takes you under the dragon (you can also shoot off his tail easily from down there) and back around to the Sunlight Altar, and the dragon will leave when you get there. Also down there, there's a shortcut back to the first bonfire of the area with a ladder you can activate to quickly get there again in the future.
#5aneed4peedPosted 1/14/2012 4:32:40 AM
Kill the drake? Its not that hard.

Run up the stairs, dont go on the bridge, fire an arrow at it. Wait for it to scream and then jump onto the bridge. Rush up and attack once then run back down the stairs. Once it goes back to perch on the castle wall, go up the stairs and fire an arrow again. Keep repeating till dead.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/FTmkH.jpg]
#6ishamail24Posted 1/14/2012 4:43:09 AM
i found a much easier way. It's a glitch though. Rest at the bonfire in darkroot basin next to the black knight. Then run to the tower with the greatsword black knight by the dragon. At the top of the tower shoot an arrow down at the dragon and it will jump onto to the bridge and dissapear. Next drop down into the room with the rats, kill them. Then shoot the dragons tail until it gets cut off and it should die. This worked for me the last two times ive tried it.
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.
#7RENNELSPosted 1/14/2012 5:37:48 AM
ishamail24 posted...
i found a much easier way. It's a glitch though. Rest at the bonfire in darkroot basin next to the black knight. Then run to the tower with the greatsword black knight by the dragon. At the top of the tower shoot an arrow down at the dragon and it will jump onto to the bridge and dissapear. Next drop down into the room with the rats, kill them. Then shoot the dragons tail until it gets cut off and it should die. This worked for me the last two times ive tried it.

Does not work anymore. Dragon grew a brain with the newest patch.
---
Thou hath thine story of the cool bro. -Metatron_lord
#8Nobo__Posted 1/14/2012 6:12:49 AM
I shot him with an arrow, then when he landed on the bridge, I just ran through his legs to the bonfire.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, Ico
#9slayer921Posted 1/14/2012 6:20:21 AM
kill him, shoot him with an arrow, make sure u have dusk crown riing and bellowing dragoncrest ring. use soul spear and crystal soul spear and hell be dead in no time
---
PSN : Hobbes921
#10ishamail24Posted 1/14/2012 4:51:35 PM
actually my method does work. ive done it twice since the last patch. and the second time was not even twelve hours ago. just get the drake sword then do my method. for some reason when you cut off the tail with arrows a second tome it dies. havent expiremented much so idk if all those steps are necessary but it definately works
---
I wouldn't mind you in my head if you weren't so clearly mad.