How do I get to the blacksmith in catacombs

#1toastedmuffin89Posted 1/22/2012 9:23:08 PM
Also how do I get light in tomb of giants.

I can't figure out how to get to demon ruins for the helmet and can't figure out how to get the spell either. Iv yet to use any spells none of them are highlighted when i equip them.

Plus i don't have the spell anyway but can't figure out how to use them.
#2starscreamNINPosted 1/22/2012 9:25:48 PM
U need to equip a Talisman for Miracles, Catalyst for Sorcery or Pyro Hand for Pyromancy.
---
PSN: CrazyStarscream
#3Joey2coolPosted 1/22/2012 9:28:43 PM

Getting to the blacksmith is tricky in the Catacombs. You will eventually come across a spiral path that descends to a drop-off point. Creep along the ledge and you'll fall below onto another, then another, etc. until you activate a cutscene.

#4lostkiwiPosted 1/22/2012 9:32:09 PM
To get to the Blacksmith, keep following the main path until you reach a point where you face a bridge with spikes, and to remove those spikes you need to follow a cliff face to the right and push a lever.

You'll know you're in the right place because there will be a necromancer on the other side of the bridge that you cannot reach until you lower the spikes.

Once you cross the bridge keep straight and shortly you will be in a small circular staircase, with a few skeletons in it. Follow the path to the end, and roll off the end of the staircase. You'll land on an open ledge. Keep falling from ledge to ledge until you reach a floor with a hole in it.

Fall through the hole, and there's your blacksmith.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#5toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 9:34:47 PM
what about getting light in the tomb of giants. Iv yet to use any kind of magic. Can't figure it out.
#6lostkiwiPosted 1/22/2012 9:39:06 PM
There are 3 options:
- The Cast Light spell, which requires 14 int. You need to buy it from the lady in Darkroot Basin
- Getting a Skull Lantern, which can be found in the area.
- Getting the Sunlight Maggot Helmet from Lost Izalith
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#7toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 10:19:29 PM
lostkiwi posted...
There are 3 options:
- The Cast Light spell, which requires 14 int. You need to buy it from the lady in Darkroot Basin
- Getting a Skull Lantern, which can be found in the area.
- Getting the Sunlight Maggot Helmet from Lost Izalith

My problem with the skull lantern is i can't equip my shield in time and get owned.
#8greenjelloizgooPosted 1/22/2012 10:34:28 PM
Spells and miracles require a certain minimum stat level, similar to how weapons usually require str or dex. To cast them, you also need a catalyst or talisman equipped and the spell/miracle attuned to a slot.

If you're having trouble with the lantern/ shield combo, go to lost izalith first and get the sunlight maggot helm, or find Dusk and raise your int stat.
---
[](/b19)
#9PrinceOfHotPosted 1/22/2012 10:37:37 PM
Jump into the bottomless pit and survive.
#10SnakemanXXPosted 1/22/2012 10:39:24 PM
There's a bunch of tutorials on YouTube. That's how I find stuff like items and blacksmiths.
---
XBLGT/PSN : KEAZAR