Darkwraith Titanite Slab drop...

#1zmbi_gmrPosted 1/23/2012 7:41:17 AM

So I've been farming the Darkwraiths for days in hopes to get a titanite slab with no luck.  The wiki says that they do drop them, however, it's very rare.  Has anyone here ever had a darkwraith drop a slab?  I'm starting to think that the wiki is wrong...Not really, but it is quite aggravating.  It would a great encouragement if someone on here would tell me that they did get a slab while fighting the darkwraiths.  hahaha

#2il_capitanoPosted 1/23/2012 7:42:58 AM
I actually got a slab on the first ever Darkwraith i killed...and that was before the last patch which greatly improved the drop rate.

Are you using the Gold Serpent ring + 30 humanity?
#3Burst_StreamPosted 1/23/2012 7:44:03 AM
I've gotten it 4 times so far. another 2 in different characters
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE| Playing: Dark Souls - SL111 Mage |
\o/ - Sunbros forever!
#4zmbi_gmr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 7:52:04 AM

Well that helps encourage me to continue farming them.  I'm pre-patch 1.05.  Maybe I should install for a better chance.  My item discovery is 410...so I figured that would help.  Honestly I've only gotten one dragon scale while fighting the Drakes at the lower entrance to new londo.  I will continue farming the Darkwraiths, and hope to get lucky.  Thanks for the posts.

#5AlabasterFilthPosted 1/23/2012 7:55:00 AM
zmbi_gmr posted...
So I've been farming the Darkwraiths for days in hopes to get a titanite slab with no luck. The wiki says that they do drop them, however, it's very rare. Has anyone here ever had a darkwraith drop a slab? I'm starting to think that the wiki is wrong...Not really, but it is quite aggravating. It would a great encouragement if someone on here would tell me that they did get a slab while fighting the darkwraiths. hahaha

I'm on my 5th character, not a single slab has dropped from darkwraiths since I bought the game...I farm the darkwraiths on every character too :(

However it does happen:'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ-OItJdotc
#6zmbi_gmr(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 8:02:24 AM

@AlabasterFilth

Yeah it sucks.  I have my farming routine down to a science.  So it doesn't take to long to make a run, and I've been quite lucky with chunks being dropped.  Some times I will even get 2 chunks from a single darkwraith, but not once have I gotten a slab.  At least I'm not alone. 

#7slayer921Posted 1/23/2012 8:03:36 AM
dont farm darkwraiths, there drop rate for slabs are S which takes lke 3 hours to get 1...i went to the great hollow and got 3 slabs from the lizards there
---
PSN : Hobbes921
#8AlabasterFilthPosted 1/23/2012 8:05:29 AM
zmbi_gmr posted...
@AlabasterFilthYeah it sucks. I have my farming routine down to a science. So it doesn't take to long to make a run, and I've been quite lucky with chunks being dropped. Some times I will even get 2 chunks from a single darkwraith, but not once have I gotten a slab. At least I'm not alone.

I too have my farming routine down to a science:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/606312-dark-souls/61626338
#9extremegunnerPosted 1/23/2012 8:07:53 AM(edited)
Yep, they do drop you just gotta keep at it. I killed hundreds of them before getting one and got two full stacks of chunks.
#10darkstorf18Posted 1/23/2012 11:01:26 AM
Stray demon and siegmeyer quest give you 1 slab each.
Killing crystals lizards at great hollow give you 0-4 slab.
Finish the game 2 times and you have enough slab for everything you need.

Finishing the game is so much fun than farming these ******.