Darkmoon blade buff and covenant abandoning

#1OohehePosted 4/25/2012 3:01:21 PM
I am most curious, gentleman.

I just received +2 in the Darkmoon Blades for the buff that comes along with it, but I need to know...

If I leave the covenant to buy cracked red eye orbs and then come back my rank would go down but would the buff that DMB receives at +2 be gone as well or is it a permanent buff to the DMB?
#2boy_luckPosted 4/25/2012 3:09:39 PM(edited)
Leaving covenants automatically removes any kind of buff or perk. I you leave the DMB for whatever reason, not only will you lose your rank, but you will also not be able to use the enhancing spell. If you rejoin the covenant, you will have get to rank 2 or 3 to get the buff again.
---
Pure sugar and ice cream on me!
#3Oil_Rope_BombsPosted 4/25/2012 3:12:42 PM
boy_luck posted...
Leaving covenants automatically removes any kind of buff or perk. I you leave the DMB for whatever reason, not only will you lose your rank, but you will also not be able to use the enhancing spell. If you rejoin the covenant, you will have get to rank 2 or 3 to get the buff again.

The buff won't be removed.
---
KittyHeart is the best user GameFAQs has ever embraced.
Epic thread: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/957923-red-dead-redemption/61487090
#4dark_lungPosted 4/25/2012 3:14:54 PM
u can't use darkmoon blade w/o being in the covenant. Being higher rank changes buff from 2.0 to 2.1 x mgc adj i think.
---
xbl: Blankys
#5geneocidePosted 4/25/2012 3:17:25 PM
dark_lung posted...
u can't use darkmoon blade w/o being in the covenant. Being higher rank changes buff from 2.0 to 2.1 x mgc adj i think.

Correctamundo!
---
I am a gravelord, I am a necromancer, If you cross me I curse you and when you find me, I hit you with miasma.
#6AnorBrandoPosted 4/25/2012 3:17:56 PM
Ok so we have one guy who says NO, one who says YES and another who didnt even answer the Q

I'm curious on this one as well, crap I was going to post the same damn Q on here tonight. OP's ears must be ringing.
#7aak57Posted 4/25/2012 3:19:11 PM

Rank 1 is 1.5x, rank 2 is 1.8x and rank 3 is 2.1x.

But TC is asking if he gets to rank 2 and leaves, then rejoins, will DMB still be at rank 2? Answer is no. It will be equivalent to your covenant rank, i.e. rank 1.
---
PSN/Steam: a_ak57
http://i.imgur.com/YiCcj.jpg
#8Oohehe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 3:22:58 PM
aak57 posted...
Rank 1 is 1.5x, rank 2 is 1.8x and rank 3 is 2.1x.

But TC is asking if he gets to rank 2 and leaves, then rejoins, will DMB still be at rank 2? Answer is no. It will be equivalent to your covenant rank, i.e. rank 1.

Yes fine sir, precisely what I was asking for!