Any good, fast weapons for a mage?

#1Kjay14Posted 5/13/2012 8:39:36 PM
I've recently been doing pvp alot with the moonlight greatsword, but out of over 20 fights, i have won a grand total of none, the closest i've ever gotten to winning was when I used crystal magic weapon on a +10 long sword, but i still didnt win.

I have 16 str and 14 dex, and i want to know if there's any real good choices for a fast weapon for a mage, since moonlight greatword, +5 and 50 magic, still doesn't do the magic damage that i really need.

Being able to use crystal magic weapon would be a bonus, but i realyl just need a strong, fast weapon, maybe not even as strong as the moonlight greatsword.
---
If Link's original tunic color was blue, he'd have a special green tunic...
That allowed him to breathe trees.
- TMK
#2Burst_StreamPosted 5/13/2012 9:02:04 PM
If you're using MLGS and losing 20 matches in a row you're doing something wrong.
---
PSN: TekkenSushiEXE
Dark Souls: SL 125, SL 120 (main), SL 1
#3Kjay14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2012 9:18:19 PM
Burst_Stream posted...
If you're using MLGS and losing 20 matches in a row you're doing something wrong.

I know i am, and i feel getting a faster weapon might help fix that problem
---
- TMK
#4touma9090Posted 5/13/2012 9:20:07 PM
Balder Swag, or Spear of some kind or rapier.

Balder Swag or Sunlight Straight Sword is good
---
"He has tentacles. That immediately makes him a monster and a rapist. This is a japanese game after all." Reason for why Gwyn is a villain.
#5sirch98Posted 5/13/2012 10:36:42 PM
you have to have a Intel/[enter stat here] to do a buffed weapon with that I would recommend maybe an enchanted/Magic Scimitar or another fast weapon that you have proper stats for.
---
Hey Chicka Bum Bum.
PSN:Reaven1911
#6Kjay14(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 6:08:01 AM(edited)
If i say, get a weapon to +10 magic or +5 enchanted, does it scale with int? because that would be REALLY useful for me.
---
- TMK
#7shadowsofdawnPosted 5/14/2012 6:14:05 AM
Kjay14 posted...
If i say, get a weapon to +10 magic or +5 enchanted, does it scale with int? because that would be REALLY useful for me.

Yes, any normal weapon upgraded to magic or enchanted primarily scale with INT. Enchanted scales better and ultimately does more damage at higher INT levels.
---
\o/ Administering jolly ass-whoopings everyday.
.||
#8PHoToS999Posted 5/14/2012 6:18:47 AM
I would recommend an uchi or an estoc if you want something faster. Of course, a lot of people like the washing pole for use w/ crystal magic weapon because of its massive reach and relatively fast speed, and it only takes a few more points in str for you, iirc.

two handing server might be good as well for a cmw weapon.

What you might want to check in the wiki is whether or not the lightning counterpart of the weapon has greater AR than the magic/enchanted counterpart.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 5/14/2012 6:22:09 AM
Washing pole uses 20 STR, and it weighs a little bit more than the other ones. I wouldn't really recommend it for a fast weapon though. IT's really not that fast. The other two, which includes the Iaito I think are much faster and much better overall. Washing Pole is sort of like using the Claymore IMO. Just a katana.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#10dantedeschain13Posted 5/14/2012 7:17:06 AM
I would personally go with an Enchanted curved sword. Or you could just put lightning/fire/chaos on a weapon you have the stats to wield and not bother to figure out what has good scaling for you