Channeler's Trident...does the dance work?

#1CorvoidPosted 5/14/2012 12:45:16 PM
I've phantomed for Four Kings about a zillion times.

Every once in a while, either the host or another phantom pulls out a Trident and does the dance immediately after we land in the abyss. Other times someone does the dance between the second and third King spawns.

Not once have I seen the effect of any buff. Damage values for my mage's spells have always been exactly the same.

I know it's written in the wikis that the buff lasts 20 seconds. But I'm fairly sure I've launched spells well within that time window.

My question is, has anyone done any experimenting with the Trident? It's a shame that it doesn't seem to work for Four Kings, considering that it weighs 6 units. Or maybe it doesn't work with sorcery? Seems like a waste.
#2BlocktopusPosted 5/14/2012 12:47:50 PM
Not sure if it works for sorceries.
---
Awww yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
#3Corvoid(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 1:08:17 PM
Blocktopus posted...

That's weird. I always thought the pair of Channelers at Dukes had one dancing in order to buff the one on the top level who uses soul spears.
#4slayer921Posted 5/14/2012 1:09:31 PM
Corvoid posted...
Blocktopus posted...

That's weird. I always thought the pair of Channelers at Dukes had one dancing in order to buff the one on the top level who uses soul spears.

he uses soul arrow and i think it does buff but not a lot :\, if u want to buff ur sorceries, but on crown of dusk, moonlight set, and bellowing dragoncrest ring
---
PSN : Hobbes921
\o/.....................OTL
#5grundlesmashazPosted 5/14/2012 1:18:17 PM
pretty sure its a melee buff.
#6PHoToS999Posted 5/14/2012 2:15:07 PM
grundlesmashaz posted...
pretty sure its a melee buff.
---
Silvy owns my pants...and my soul.
My R1 button needs to be fixed. For some reason, every time I use it a few times, things die. -- Jonvandamm