headset use and soul count

#1WiitePosted 2/3/2011 12:28:35 AM

i really hope you canuse headsets now, it makes everything so much more exciting and easier, especially when your helping other players find items you already found, instead of constantly messaging them. also i really hope they dont take all your souls away when you die, that was always a pain and ruined all the hard work and time spending gaining them and you loose them all because you die. or atleast let you put them in a reserve or bank in the nexus.

#2rkzhaoPosted 2/3/2011 12:31:46 AM
I have mixed feelings about voicechat. On the one hand, it'll be convenient. On the other hand, it'll ruin the atmosphere which is what made DS so great.....

As for losing your souls, there an easy fix to that...don't die :P
#3gabor_samaPosted 2/3/2011 1:56:27 AM

No and no. Don't turn Dark Souls into another mainstream hack and slash game. There are tons you can play if you want a more streamlined easy experience where death means nothing and you can multiplayer with screaming 12 year-olds.

#4ShekyPosted 2/3/2011 1:59:09 AM
Not a fan of the voice chat. I prefer the immersion.
---
"Surely this is a troll-hole, if ever there was one!" said Pippin. - Flight to the Ford, The Fellowship of the Ring
#5Wiite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 5:43:35 PM

i doubt any kids will play this, its to extreme for their little minds. just because you dont loose all of your souls when you die doesnt mean its like every other action rpg and definitely doesnt take away any difficulty. they also explained there is no safe zone so how will losing all your souls have par in all this? hell even if they took half that wouldnt be much of a problem, makes no sense to lose your souls because another player pushes you off a cliff or you just fell.

#6gilv3rPosted 2/3/2011 5:47:37 PM
I hope they keep the whole losing all your souls when you die. Hell if you have no souls whennyou die i want it to dock us still and takenus to a negative soul count. Seriously I want that.
---
PSN: ReddGrave
Awaiting: Dead Space 2
#7brunoafhPosted 2/3/2011 5:59:17 PM
I don't think you'll get either of these things.

There are literally dozens of games you can play for multiplayer with a headset.

There are literally dozens of games that won't punish you for dying.

From wants to make a game for us, the Demon's Souls fans. They aren't going to lame the game up.
---
PSN ID: brunoafh
#8SoaringDivePosted 2/3/2011 6:16:30 PM

it makes everything so much more exciting

How? Removing suspense = exciting?

and easier

Exactly why it shouldn't be in the game.

that was always a pain and ruined all the hard work and time spending gaining them and you loose them all because you die

That was... kinda... y'know... the point.
It makes losing actually mean something besides just "go back a few minutes, plus here, have a free health refill"
#9Wiite(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 6:21:23 PM

if you have ever played anything with a headset besides call of duty and bc2. you always stand a better chance with communication, you need the whole team to be as aware as you are. as for the souls, there are other ways of punishment for death. but falling and being pushed really is a punishment on its own, if all the enemies spawn back and you start at the beginning, so be it. the combat and enemies are already hard so its never going to be "dumbed" down. but souls are everything and if they are taken away you are f**ked and the key of role playing is progression.

#10SoaringDivePosted 2/3/2011 6:26:06 PM

you always stand a better chance with communication

Except I don't suck and require dependency on other players.

as for the souls, there are other ways of punishment for death. but falling and being pushed really is a punishment on its own, if all the enemies spawn back and you start at the beginning, so be it. the combat and enemies are already hard so its never going to be "dumbed" down. but souls are everything and if they are taken away you are f**ked and the key of role playing is progression.

"Oh, I just respawn 10 minutes earlier in the level, with no other reason to be sad at my lack of skill? Whatever"
vs
"OMG I'm about to die, I'll lose all my souls, better actually try at the game besides hiding behind other players to do all my work for me!!"