Its not exactly Demon's Souls 2 YET...

#1Nave316Posted 2/5/2011 5:14:06 PM
We know that blue and red phantoms are back in.
We know that the difficulty with return and has been ratcheted up a notch.
We know that the game will feature various loot and weapons to collect and upgrade.
We know that blood stains return.

Now, those are the aspects of Demon's Souls that we know are poised to make a return in Dark Souls. So my question is, in your opinion what elements from Demon's Souls, if not included in this game could potentially break Dark Souls for you?

For me, there are many things they could change that would mess this game up. For one, if they let enemies and monsters spawn from random locations and or re spawn in the level you are in. Part of what made Demon's Souls accessible in the first place was that the enemies would always come from the same spot at the same time every time in most the levels. If they change this, it could mess the game up in my opinion...Although it would add variety to the replay value, it would also make the game much more difficult then it already is...

I thought that world tendency was an interesting dynamic in the first game, and I am sad to see it go because it made Demon's Souls seem to be alive and have its own soul if you will. But it is not returning this time around, which means that the game will be more predictable. But i dont see it as a game killer by any means.

So my question is, what elements from the original Demon's Souls do you feel this game needs to carry over or else it might ruin the experience for you?
#2OLDHAGPosted 2/5/2011 5:24:15 PM
I don't want them to spell the story out for me, I enjoyed making assumptions with what little information was available it made it cool.

The world tendency thing might not actually be removed but re-imagined(It would be taking a check from other games though), if you can go back to camps it's possible new things appear in old areas as you advance the main story.

I want them to bring along the choice aspect from the first game, I don't mind if they increase it but I don't want less choices at the end. (no choice at all in otherwords).
---
Friend code 1676-3376-8453
#3screwmtvPosted 2/5/2011 5:25:57 PM
The sense of isolation and hopelessness. Mostly I'm thinking of the colors and art direction. I like the more vibrant style, but loved the muted tone in Demon's Souls. It reinforced a less-is-more approach to creating atmosphere and it did it very well.
---
Nothing ever burns down by itself. Every fire needs a little bit of help.
#4brunoafhPosted 2/5/2011 5:26:42 PM
First off, I'm too confident in From Software to even consider the notion that the game will be ruined. I know it's going to be pure gold.

if they let enemies and monsters spawn from random locations and or re spawn in the level you are in.

Yeah I wouldn't like this either.

I thought that world tendency was an interesting dynamic in the first game, and I am sad to see it go because it made Demon's Souls seem to be alive and have its own soul if you will. But it is not returning this time around, which means that the game will be more predictable. But i dont see it as a game killer by any means.

I really loved World Tendency myself, it was a great idea that made the game that much greater. Still, due to the open world nature that we've been told Dark Souls has, World Tendency wouldn't really work as well as it did in Demon's Souls. I guess there could be global WT, but it was really cool to have WT based in specific areas and have specific effects. I'll miss it, but I'm not fretting over it.

Pretty much the only things that could ruin the game for me would be a forced reliance on multiplayer or toned down difficulty. I don't forsee either happening, and the difficulty has been reported to be much higher.

I'm expecting a phenomenal follow-up in all aspects to my favorite game this gen. I don't think it's possible they could ruin it.
---
PSN ID: brunoafh
#5A_C_RPosted 2/5/2011 5:29:47 PM
imo wt wouldn't work in dark souls anyways. Unlike in DS you now have one giant seemless world. A world which is suppose to be heavy on exploration anyways. Having to change wt to trigger certain events would make it more monotonous.
---
"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" Mary Poppins (i think)
#6RoveliusPosted 2/5/2011 9:35:47 PM

WT is cool and all... but let's be honest, it really sucks when it ruins your run.

#7charlesdarwin55Posted 2/7/2011 5:28:57 AM

I hope it's EXACTLY like Demon's Souls only free roam. Imagine a game with the atmoshpere, graphics and simplicity from Demon's Souls in free roam and you can see far away there is Stone Fang mine & you walk to get there through the desserted landscape and from stonefang mine you see tower of latria & you walk to that place and it's all very dark and scary and lost ghosts wandering before you enter the prison etc. etc. I hope they don't add a bunch of NPCs running around asking you to do all these sidequests and all gets complicated like in elders scroll keep it simple like this great graphics and atmosphere. Man I would honestly create alot of sticky white stuff while playing this if it's Demon's Souls free roam.