Questions Before I Pre-Order

#1theeboredonePosted 6/21/2011 11:36:30 AM
Originally, I was going to simply wait for a deal on Craig's List to get this game, but having a 50 dollar GS Gift Card, and this deal of a Collector's Edition has got me interested. So, before I invest the money, just wanted to ask a few q's.

1. I've heard this is a sandbox style game as opposed what DS had with its Nexus hub + touch statue to go to other worlds. True or False?

2. Will there actually be a Demon's Souls 2 in the future or is this the only thing to bank on?

3. Demon's Souls' story was good and bad. Good in a sense there was a lot of lore to it, and you could find bits and pieces scattered throughout the stages. Bad imo that there still wasn't enough back story or plot depth. Should I be expecting the same thing for this game?

4. Any word on not having to deal with stocking the same item multiple times or can we finally sell them?
---
Brawl FC: 2578-2806-8664 (Bored) // PSN: Theeboredone
AIM: Theeboredone
#2NabucodonosorIIPosted 6/21/2011 12:05:55 PM

theeboredone posted...
Originally, I was going to simply wait for a deal on Craig's List to get this game, but having a 50 dollar GS Gift Card, and this deal of a Collector's Edition has got me interested. So, before I invest the money, just wanted to ask a few q's.

1. I've heard this is a sandbox ****game as opposed what DS had with its Nexus hub + touch statue to go to other worlds. True or False?

2. Will there actually be a Demon's Souls 2 in the future or is this the only thing to bank on?

3. Demon's Souls' story was good and bad. Good in a sense there was a lot of lore to it, and you could find bits and pieces scattered throughout the stages. Bad imo that there still wasn't enough back story or plot depth. Should I be expecting the same thing for this game?

4. Any word on not having to deal with stocking the same item multiple times or can we finally sell them?
---

1. False. Open world, not sandbox.

2. This is already Demon's Souls 2, but with a different story and shiny skin. Oh, and a new name. No word on a game actually called "Demon's Souls 2".

3. Yes. Hidetaka already stated it.

4. IDK. I wouldn't wait for this new "sell" feature...

-

Keep in mind that this is Demon's Souls 2 (or 1.5) and most of your questions will be answered.

#3theeboredone(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2011 12:12:54 PM
Well, last one wasn't gonna be a make or break. Just wanted to know if I was gonna end up having a bunch of the same items.
---
#4TheHolyKightPosted 6/21/2011 12:43:49 PM
Last I heard, Dark Souls has more of a back story than Demon's Souls. You're an undead, you've been shunned from humanity because of this and you cannot die. At the start of the game, you're in a prison with other undead but something or someone frees you so that you may save the world. The E3 trailer also contains dialogue from NPCs you will most likely be meeting. Though overall, the story will probably be almost like in the background like with Demon's Souls and if you don't seek it, you won't find it.
#5NabucodonosorIIPosted 6/21/2011 1:03:54 PM

TheHolyKight posted...
Last I heard, Dark Souls has more of a back story than Demon's Souls. You're an undead, you've been shunned from humanity because of this and you cannot die. At the start of the game, you're in a prison with other undead but something or someone frees you so that you may save the world. The E3 trailer also contains dialogue from NPCs you will most likely be meeting. Though overall, the story will probably be almost like in the background like with Demon's Souls and if you don't seek it, you won't find it.

Don't get me wrong, but if we looked only at the intro and first hour of Demon's Souls, we could think as well that it would have a normal storytelling.

I think the same is true to Dark Souls, since Hidetaka already stated that the title is not "story heavy": The game gives initially lots of background info to set the stage up. And then it let it to you.

So the fact that there's some story already presented to Dark Souls does not mean that it will have more than Demon's Souls, because, as said, the start of DS show enough story and dialogue to fill a couple of videos.

#6NabucodonosorIIPosted 6/21/2011 1:07:56 PM

Communication Breakdown!

Sorry for the english mistakes and for not being very clear. Sometimes it can be tough to express in another language.

The point is: if DS1 made "story" videos, we would have the same impression that some have now for DS2 - that the title would have lots of storytelling, but it doesn't seem to be true for the reasons above.