So...who's still getting the game even after Namco Bandai's screw up?

#71TheHolyKightPosted 6/27/2011 5:02:59 PM
Rafedx posted...
TheHolyKight posted...
*Snip*

In defense of Bethesda the engine they used for Oblivion and the Fallout games was way to old, the more they patch the more they break. Skyrim is going to be using a different engine so its not fair to say its going to be full of bugs......don't get me wrong it will have them, a game as huge as Oblivion/Fallout and now Skyrim is bound to have issues but I don't think they are going to be as bad. (Freezing being the main issue I had with Fallout.)

Demons Soul and Dark Souls are very small games compared to the Bethesda games so obviously it will have less bugs. The larger the game world with more scripts running the more problems you are going to have. Plus you cannot tell me that Demons soul is bug free either. People are to harsh on Bethesda.

Also what did you expect from the re release of Oblivion? Its a re release not a remake, plus its running on that old piece of crap engine why even waste the time and money to fix it when they should be worrying about Skyrim, the game is so old now.

I also beg to differ about calling DAO better then any TES games....but that's my personal opinion.

Gamebryo is a decent engine, besides, they're re-releasing the game without fixing a game killing bug that they promised to fix, that says something. I disagree with "the more big a game world is, the more buggier it will be" as Two Worlds 2 contained barely no bugs and it has a big world, there's only one quest bug I encountered, the only other bug that people encountered was when they killed an important NPC who was meant to be immortal. That was there own fault really but it has been fixed. I've played plenty of other open world games too that just don't contain the amount of game killing bugs as a Bethesda game does.

Rovelius posted...

TheHolyKight posted...

*snip*

At least they're adding Trophies, for those who care.

Untrue, gstaff on the blog, confirmed that they won't be adding trophies. So you PS3 users are still screwed over by Bethesda.

That's why these claims by various users here about cancelling pre-orders or picking up Dark Souls (or not buying it at all) up in the bargain bin are just plain stupid. From Software (unlike many companies nowadays) have listened to you fans. They're not dumbing Dark Souls down or adding features that THEY would like to be in the game, they're creating it for fans based on the feedback they received. They're making it more harder, more longer and with more content. What more could people want?

I've pre-ordered and am not cancelling it, I may not like the game but I can respect From Software for actually listening to fans and not dumbing down the game as Bethesda has done with the TES series since Morrowind. They most likely have gone with "if people want more of the same, we shall give it to them" and "why fix something which is not broken" and we can also observe from their previous RPGs that they aren't all the same, they may share things with one another but they do have defining features. The King's Field series are hardcore first person RPGs set in dark caves and dungeons with a continuing story. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are hardcore third person RPGs set in different universes with more loot, crafting and harder difficulties but with light stories when compared to King's Field.
#72TheHolyKightPosted 6/27/2011 5:05:08 PM
Companies that listen nowadays are rare, smaller companies often listen and there's a few big ones that have developers posting on their forums and listening to fans but most don't even care about feedback and often remove elements that people loved for sequels for well loved games. Be thankful that Dark Souls isn't like God of War where you go in and kill hundreds of enemies without dying.
#73crimsin7Posted 6/28/2011 5:38:41 AM
i'll admit infamous is pretty awesome, though.

you have the ability to slaughter massive amounts of enemies but if you're stupid about your approach and just rush in, you die really quick.

i know it's off-topic, just saying that i'm honestly really impressed with it. it's a really good cross between the humility-instilling demon's souls and the crazy action of god of war.
---
"The idea works in small, well-organised, mature communities, but not on GameFAQs."
--Scottie theNerd (GameFAQs Moderator)
#74Shamus425Posted 6/28/2011 8:45:53 AM
TheHolyKight posted...
Rafedx posted...
TheHolyKight posted...
*Snip*

In defense of Bethesda the engine they used for Oblivion and the Fallout games was way to old, the more they patch the more they break. Skyrim is going to be using a different engine so its not fair to say its going to be full of bugs......don't get me wrong it will have them, a game as huge as Oblivion/Fallout and now Skyrim is bound to have issues but I don't think they are going to be as bad. (Freezing being the main issue I had with Fallout.)

Demons Soul and Dark Souls are very small games compared to the Bethesda games so obviously it will have less bugs. The larger the game world with more scripts running the more problems you are going to have. Plus you cannot tell me that Demons soul is bug free either. People are to harsh on Bethesda.

Also what did you expect from the re release of Oblivion? Its a re release not a remake, plus its running on that old piece of crap engine why even waste the time and money to fix it when they should be worrying about Skyrim, the game is so old now.

I also beg to differ about calling DAO better then any TES games....but that's my personal opinion.

Gamebryo is a decent engine, besides, they're re-releasing the game without fixing a game killing bug that they promised to fix, that says something. I disagree with "the more big a game world is, the more buggier it will be" as Two Worlds 2 contained barely no bugs and it has a big world, there's only one quest bug I encountered, the only other bug that people encountered was when they killed an important NPC who was meant to be immortal. That was there own fault really but it has been fixed. I've played plenty of other open world games too that just don't contain the amount of game killing bugs as a Bethesda game does.

Rovelius posted...

TheHolyKight posted...

*snip*

At least they're adding Trophies, for those who care.

Untrue, gstaff on the blog, confirmed that they won't be adding trophies. So you PS3 users are still screwed over by Bethesda.

That's why these claims by various users here about cancelling pre-orders or picking up Dark Souls (or not buying it at all) up in the bargain bin are just plain stupid. From Software (unlike many companies nowadays) have listened to you fans. They're not dumbing Dark Souls down or adding features that THEY would like to be in the game, they're creating it for fans based on the feedback they received. They're making it more harder, more longer and with more content. What more could people want?

I've pre-ordered and am not cancelling it, I may not like the game but I can respect From Software for actually listening to fans and not dumbing down the game as Bethesda has done with the TES series since Morrowind. They most likely have gone with "if people want more of the same, we shall give it to them" and "why fix something which is not broken" and we can also observe from their previous RPGs that they aren't all the same, they may share things with one another but they do have defining features. The King's Field series are hardcore first person RPGs set in dark caves and dungeons with a continuing story. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are hardcore third person RPGs set in different universes with more loot, crafting and harder difficulties but with light stories when compared to King's Field.

Damn straight. They even said at E3 they are tuned into the fans.They aren't fixing what's not broken,only enhancing it. I have never,ever in all my years of gaming heard a publisher and the developer say this for any game. Because of this they get my respect and much love. That's how I know we are getting an awesome game.
#75aneed4peedPosted 6/28/2011 8:49:50 AM
Wow... so much whalecrap in one topic... I blame the topic creator... topic should have ended after the (-1)st post.
---
a knock, a thud, a tiny...zwoosh, where?
Please, call me Aneed [http://i.imgur.com/FTmkH.jpg]
#76XianCe(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2011 10:00:24 AM
aneed4peed posted...
Wow... so much whalecrap in one topic... I blame the topic creator... topic should have ended after the (-1)st post.

bro ur just jealous becuasei got more posts than u'll ever get in ur threads
---
Zhang He - "So, is the enemy camp pretty?"
Welcome back, Red Knight.
#77DioicaPosted 6/28/2011 10:05:42 AM
And who can blame him, XianCe, I mean your pretty freakin' awesome! Right? >.>
---
Why have one gigantic wang when you can have 8?! - JonvanMuneihausen
#78iceltPosted 6/28/2011 10:07:45 AM
XianCe posted...
bro ur just jealous becuasei got more posts than u'll ever get in ur threads

Oh, whadda you know he does still exist. So you've called me out for "threatening" behavior on another forum. Please, for the second time I now ask, do enlighten me with your explanation.
---
PSN: icelt
"Here come the test results - you are a horrible person. That's what it says - a horrible person. We weren't even testing for that."GLaDOS
#79DioicaPosted 6/28/2011 10:09:40 AM
Icelt, don't be hatin' now. We all know you're just jealous of the Great XianCe >:P
---
Why have one gigantic wang when you can have 8?! - JonvanMuneihausen
#80crimsin7Posted 6/28/2011 10:11:17 AM
i've heard countless people say they weren't fixing what wasn't broken, just enhancing it.

ncsoft
blizzard
sony
bungie
EA
bioware
etc.

almost always turns out bad.
---
"The idea works in small, well-organised, mature communities, but not on GameFAQs."
--Scottie theNerd (GameFAQs Moderator)