The Story of Dark Souls

#1Goods_MerchantPosted 8/9/2011 8:44:58 PM

I don't know about you guys, but I loved the story of Demon's Souls. I loved the way it was presented broken and sparse, yet available to those who look. I loved the themes of the story, and the morally gray areas like the maiden Astraea fight ( I know it was mandatory but I stillfelt bad), the quabbling between characters (magicians and disciples of god), the hidden and interesting side quests (white tendency NPCs and Meph assassination quest) and the characters themselves. It was very interesting and from what I've seen so far, Dark Souls is going to expand upon it alot. The oath system intrigues me alot. Comparing it to demon's Souls, it would be like picking either the magicians or the disciples of god and sticking with them to fight against the other. I am also interested to know the world history and boss information and characters and all that. I just can't wait for the game to come out, do you guys feel the same?

#2Pirateking2000Posted 8/9/2011 9:16:01 PM
are you asking what is currently known about to story or just commenting about it?

also yeah can't wait for this =D (the "choose a side" thing sounds interesting) etc + it being open world etc
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama
#3F34RTHEREAPERPosted 8/9/2011 11:20:10 PM

i would have to agree espeacily about the oath system and i would love to know more about the bosses, npcs, and enviroments as well.

#4ApaZuluPosted 8/10/2011 9:16:28 AM

i also really enjoyed the story, can't wait for this to come out. the oath system sounds cool.

#5Technician_XPosted 8/10/2011 10:53:29 AM
I'm guessing that much of story will be left ambiguous like it was in DS. You actually found out most of the backround on places and people by reading the item lore descriptions, which I thought was a neat touch.

I know some people complained about the lack of story depth, but I sorta felt it added to the whole "dark and moody" vibe they were shooting for. Having everything spelled out for you doesnt necessarily translate to a better story.
#6TriangleHardPosted 8/10/2011 12:32:57 PM
Personally, I found Demon's Souls having more story depth than most of other game's I've played.

The story was deep. It had individual stories that can work by itself, but was part of something greater.

One of very few games that made me explore, because I wanted to... not because some arrow told me so or because I was looking for something.

Not to mention being scared while doing so...
#7Pirateking2000Posted 8/10/2011 12:34:57 PM
Demons Souls story was more fleshed out when you talked to everyone (like the origin of red dragon / Sage Freke's views etc)
---
XBL GT: Demon Ninja X2
"There comes a time in every man's or woman's life where they have to make **** up to cover their ass." - Hazama
#8Buddy_DacotePosted 8/10/2011 4:11:56 PM
There was a story in Demon's Souls? Other than "you're dead, now go kill all these bosses"?
#9Friar_SandPosted 8/10/2011 4:17:30 PM
Demon's Souls didn't have a story so much as it had a lot of backstory and lore.
---
PSN: monster0327
"Final Fantasy VII was a great PS1 game. Just let it die in peace."
#10Agent_GreerPosted 8/11/2011 12:42:25 AM
Buddy_Dacote posted...
There was a story in Demon's Souls? Other than "you're dead, now go kill all these bosses"?
There is a **** ton of story if you talk to everyone multiple times and look for the story. It's there, if you don't look, you won't see it.
---
What you imagine or read in a really old book doesn't make it truthfully so. ~ me
Just because you don't know isn't evidence that you know. ~ me